Destroying A Dell

Well, the pictures were lost in the "falling" of the forum I posted them on, but now it's back, and everything's still there. I think I'll just post a link to it and you can read the story yourself and comment here:

http://forums.ripht.net/index.php?board=1;...ay;threadid=273

she needed about a half gallon of viatamin G and a smoke... pure and simple.

we used it on a compaq at compusa to "demonstrate" what happens to a pc in a lightening strike (yeah sure it does that much damange). sold a TON of apc battery backups with that display, then corporate made us throw it away.

vitamin G = gasoline

we took a compaq persario out of the tech shop (abandoned over a year). poured a healthy dose of gas in the case, threw a lit cigarette at it and let it burn for 10 min. put it out with a fire extinquisher, took it in, and put a sign on it. the sign talked about how lightening can do that to your computer. idiot customers thought it really got like that cuz of lightening, and bought TONS of APC units.

apc loved the display, corporate hated it. we had the case off the side so you could see how the heat melted the pcb, chips fell off or exploded under the heat. it was nasty. of course corporate compusa always had thier way. god forbid you do anything that MIGHT make some money that they didn't come up with. no we had to focus on suckering people into signing up for aol all the time... which got me in enough trouble since I refused.

"sign ya up for 89 days of aol? you can stop the service at any time durring the first 89 days and pay nothing. of course on the 90th day I'll charge ya a $100 to fix your computer cuz of what AOL did to it" was my sale pitch for it.

bah i hate when people do that to perfectly good boards that could be used for folding. I had a friend who did that to one. I only got the cpu from it it was so smashed up.

Don't worry, the board was bad. It would have all kinds of random errors (never the same one) and reboot on its own. That, and it was a 350MHz PII. Wouldn't have done much good for folding. However, it was the reason I built my 450MHz PII. One WU every 5 days