dling

Windows 11

How many of you are planning on the upgrade too win11 ? Just like Christmas,it's coming.

Depending I may update the test system, if it may make a difference in performance data. Even then, I may leave it on 10 for a while as I can believe many others in the community will wait for early-adopter issues to be sorted out.

Only my test system is eligible, as my other machines are too "old" by Microsoft's standards. Based on some of what I've seen though, for any system I would be using frequently (so not so much the test system), I'd probably need to get things like Start11 to restore the many features that MS is removing.

I would like to also if theres a performance  boost. Other then that win 10 is fine for me.

I have a couple of computers, some are updated to the latest version of Windows 10, and others are still on Windows 7. Most of what held me back were the drivers. I had a lot of software and hardware where Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 didn't work (or it worked like crap). I find Windows 10 to be overall better, and since I do development and database stuff, I can't use some of the latest software on Windows 7, anymore, so I find myself using the Windows 7 computers less and less.

I'll most likely upgrade one computer to Windows 11 and see how things are. I feel like Windows 11 is going to be pretty bad, but at least Windows 12 will most likely be good!

I don't think my feeling is it'll be pretty bad, but I definitely feel we may see a Windows 11.1 like 8.1 that corrects various poor to bad decisions.

Posted (edited)

El_Capitan Quote .  "I feel like Windows 11 is going to be pretty bad, but at least Windows 12 will most likely be good! "

That,s funny and sad at the same time. It seems to be the way it goes.

Edited by dling

Installed it on my gaming PC and laptop. So far the only thing that doesn't work is the fingerprint reader on the laptop.