Windows 11

dling

Depending I may update the test system, if it may make a difference in performance data. Even then, I may leave it on 10 for a while as I can believe many others in the community will wait for early-adopter issues to be sorted out.

Only my test system is eligible, as my other machines are too "old" by Microsoft's standards. Based on some of what I've seen though, for any system I would be using frequently (so not so much the test system), I'd probably need to get things like Start11 to restore the many features that MS is removing.

I have a couple of computers, some are updated to the latest version of Windows 10, and others are still on Windows 7. Most of what held me back were the drivers. I had a lot of software and hardware where Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 didn't work (or it worked like crap). I find Windows 10 to be overall better, and since I do development and database stuff, I can't use some of the latest software on Windows 7, anymore, so I find myself using the Windows 7 computers less and less.

I'll most likely upgrade one computer to Windows 11 and see how things are. I feel like Windows 11 is going to be pretty bad, but at least Windows 12 will most likely be good!

El_Capitan Quote .  "I feel like Windows 11 is going to be pretty bad, but at least Windows 12 will most likely be good! "

That,s funny and sad at the same time. It seems to be the way it goes.

Edited by dling

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 6:13 AM, WhenKittensATK said:

Installed it on my gaming PC and laptop. So far the only thing that doesn't work is the fingerprint reader on the laptop.

Do notice any performance increase?

I'm perplexed... Ive been trying to get this machine ready for win 11 but keep running into an issue that is frustrating me. Getting secure boot to work is not working . I'm gonna give it up for tonight but probably try again tomorrow.  I have the latest bios installed, enabled uefi in the boot section, tpm is working like it should, plenty of Ram and CPU is good but the windows checker app says that missing secure boot is keeping me from windows 11 compatibility.  when i go into the recovery dialog from the update/security and maintenance /recovery/advanced  options/ there is no uefi settings option to click into... it's just not there:doh:so i've googled and surfed and blogged for answers  but  damned if I know:wallbash: that's enough for tonight but if anybody really knows how to fix this I'd sure appreciate a pull-up :slap:

Definitely leave it for tomorrow, cjloki, but do you know if the way Windows 10 (I'm assuming you're upgrading and not doing a fresh install) is correct? What I mean is there is a different partition format or something related to that UEFI setting in the BIOS. I don't recall, but I think it's something like GPT rather than a legacy mode? I don't remember that well, but I know there was something I had seen about converting a disk to that, though with some risk of data loss. System Information is able to tell you which you have, but I don't remember what the specific setting or configuration it is.

I don't know but I hope that helps. Best of luck with getting it figured out after a good night's sleep.

• 4 weeks later...