slick2500

What happened around here.

That's great to hear another outlet recognizes your talent, Isaiah!

Have some good news for those that enjoyed my science-y news items as I will include one at the end of the video game item tomorrow. (I don't think I'll be able to stretch the science news to be long enough for its own item.) Turns out white graphene can be made ferroelectric, which has potential then for data storage in something literally just atoms thick.

20 minutes ago, Guest_Jim_* said:

That's great to hear another outlet recognizes your talent, Isaiah!

Thanks Jim! I might be a bit over my head. But I knew what I was getting into when I applied. TPU is the major leagues :). I'm still here though in a support role to help out the next person that takes my position.

I'll try and visit my oldĀ stomping ground more. I miss OCC 2008-2012 era. But I think a lot of forums are dying and moving to discord. Its the sad truth. Computer tech has slowed way down and playing on a game console is my preferred method. No drivers, hardware updates or windows to deal with. It just works. The benefit of PC is of course you get better graphics, higher frame rate and resolution. Not to mention RTS games just do not work on game consoles.

I'm necroing the thread and I don't care because I feel like sharing and maybe it'll get some of the conversation going again.

For the first time for any of my primary builds, I am running an air cooler. The Corsair H110 I'd been using on my Threadripper build is fairly old and with one of the fans having died, I decided to order a Noctua U12 TR4/SP3 cooler, along with a couple A12x25 fans for it. With some help from my dad, we just installed it. Every other build I've done except the test system I put an AIO in from the start, originally with this build I used the Enermax AIO with the TR4 block, but as some of you may know, these had a faulty design. That was why I went to using the H110 that I had around from a prior build.

Did a couple Cinebench R20 runs and it looked like the temperature may top out around 70 C. It got to around 66-67 C and was slow to go warmer which is why I think 70 C may be its limit.