Sign in to follow this  
luvekihu

Ryzen 9 5950X undervolt unstable?

Hello everyone i hope you're doing great

I am from Spain and now that we are in summer, it is very hot in my city, so I had decided to undervolt my 5950X which I have with a NH-D15 double fan
Download CTR 2.0 and after making the diagnosis, apply the recommended values for undervolting which were 1v and 3975mhz, but when performing the test a bsod appeared and the pc restarted by itself.
How could I make the undervolt stable, aren't the values that the program tells you supposed to be stable?

Thank you very much to all

Hello!

Are you applying these settings in Ryzen Master or inside the BIOS? For me I have better luck manually setting these things in the BIOS, but the software works fairly well too.

Well I can tell you that 1.35v @ 4.5Ghz is a starting point for a overclock. Since you are not overclocking at all, you should start with 1.3v and work your way down until it BSOD on you again. 

I personally have not played around with undervolting, but I think people disable PBO so to avoid a single core boosting to 4.7Ghz.

Sorry I can't be more of a help. The best thing you can do is just raise the voltage until its stable. Work off of that value.