NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FE Reviewed

• 1 month later...

Very well done thank you Isaiah,  

So about the price ? after all the review work is said and done is it worth the $1200 price tag ??

@cjloki possibly. When comparing to the 3090 it is clearly a better choice unless you absolutely need 24GB of vram.

On AMDs side the high end is 6900XT which roughly 5% increase over the 6800XT (which is much cheaper). In either case both are great choices for non RT gaming.

So it really comes down to what your in the market for. RT performance? DLSS support? Those are NVIDIA dominant things right now. No way around it.

I peronally think the sweet spot is still 6800XT / RTX 3080.

Heck I'm still using a Titan XP as my main gaming card. I have acess to everything else, but for the games I plag regularly like Destiny 2, BF 4 and COD, I'm happy at 100 fps for my 2K monitor.

I guess think of it this way. How many years are you planning to use it and what features does the 3080 Ti carry you think is important. The 12GB of vram is great for future games and DLSS is the way to go in 4K if you cant tell in image fidelity ( I honestly can't on quailty preset).

With FSR as well this will ensure the 3080 Ti will be powerful enough for years to come. Of course not at native resolution.

i still game with the Titan XP too and it does a fine job (gift from OCC Christmas contest) I'm just thinking about the future of gaming and my future and  the possibilities...