Sign in to follow this  
LavenderBirch

What is the importance of the motherboard??

I have built a few PCs now, but when choosing a motherboard I have generally gone for mid to low end. I just look for something that supports the components I want and that's it really. I have never really understood or seen the importance of getting a good motherboard. I have always thought the high end ones just include on board graphics which I dont need. Am I wrong about this, does the motherboard have a larger effect on a build than I think

my young  friend, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” / “The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe.” Alec Guinness — Obi-Wan Kenobi In The 'Star Wars' Franchise - 50 Actors Who  Regret Their Iconic Movie Roles - Zimbio

• Like 1

A motherboard, also known as the "main board," is the central circuit hub that allows connection between all components and peripherals attached to the computer. It also allows all the components such as CPU, graphics card, hard drive and the memory to receive power from the attached power supply.