Sign in to follow this  
oosman

Need help in Flashing

Hi,

New to the forum been a overclocker for a few years. I quit for couple years but now im back i've had a friend that knew everything about this stuff but he disappeared and i only know how to flash kepler and maxwell cards i really want no limits on this 2070 max q i want to overclock it as much as i can can someone edit the vbios for me and walk me through the flashing process i am guessing we are going to use nvflash but i dont know what you guys use to edit clock and tdp limits with turing cards i am willing to make a very good donation. thank you for reading and helping. I appreciate it. i have a sager NP8957 with RTX 2070 MAX i attached my vbios in the post.

Thank You

I'll stop you here. Do not flash laptop video cards. Just because you can doesn't mean it is a good idea. Laptop GPUs have a lower TDP for a reason.

Edit: I guess I should explain more. Lots of people have read my 20 Series flash guide and applied it incorrectly to a laptop GPU. While I have been told it will work, the reason you do not want to is because of how a laptop is designed around a certain TDP. So first off your thermals will be out of control and second the VRM on those laptop GPUz are half of what a desktop card is, so you are surpassing what those MOSFETs can do.

As for editing the vBIOS. Well Maxwell was the last one you could do it on. Everything since has been encrypted by NVIDIA so you cannot edit the values. Only solution is to flash another cards vBIOS (Same GPU) on to yours that has a higher TDP., thus allowing more room for a higher overclock until you reach the voltage limit. The maximum allowed voltage is the same for all the RTX  2070s (1.096v).

So once again I have been told my flash guide applies to laptop GPUs, I have personally never tried it or can verify what vBIOS was used on what laptop cards. I suggest not to try unless you are done with that laptop and don't want to sell it. I think it will be a giant doorstop afterwards.