BEWARE - EBAY VIDEO CARD SCAMS

Just noticed on ebay the last few days that many 0 to LOW feedback sellers are selling GPU BOXES in the Video Card section and at similar Buy It Now prices as the REAL cards. The cards themselves are going so quickly that people are not reading descriptions and only looking at the price and model number.

Be careful everyone

Thanks for the headups. Yeah its pretty bad. People selling boxes, images of boxes. Video cards with a RTX 3080 sticker on it, etc.

If you do happen to be scammed. Paypal will always side with you the buyer unless the seller has 1,000 rating or higher. I found this out as a legitimate seller. People take advantage of the system.

As long as you do not leave feedback, the money is locked to paypal for 30-days. This will also help you get your money back.

Not sure if that's true anymore. I've been a buyer/seller for 21 years on ebay and they never hold my money as a seller. I think it's only for newbies.

But yes... I'm seeing auctions for pictures of video cards and everything except the card/unit itself. I reported a few as fraudulent, but realized how many there were so I gave up