Bought a new monitor....its big!!

MadMan

I went all out on a monitor...it cost me even more than my 2080 TI! (that the wifey actually bought) I bought a Acer Predator CG437K which is a 4K 120Hz Refresh Rate G-Sync HDR1000 Monster! This thing is huge...literally takes up my whole desk. Now it can run at 4K 144Hz refresh however it requires 2 display port cables (which I don't mind) but you also don't get G-Sync or HDR so ill be sticking with single cable. I did want to originally get a Asus PG43UQ however I couldn't find any at $1500 and found this monitor for $1300.  Gaming on this thing is so awesome...4K 120Hz is a thing to see! Right now some games I need to cut back on settings to achieve the 120 fps but its worth it. The main reason for me getting a 120hz monitor is I felt my recent computer build wasn't much of an "upgrade" because I was still gaming on the same 4k 60 fps monitor as previously...with this monitor it changes all that and now I actually get all the performance out of what I have built. The headphone stand is now on the side desk with the tower for viewing purposes.

Edit: Forgot to mention I am up to 10 RGB strips...3 inside tower, 3 on desk, and 4 on the monitor. Its a great lightshow!

8NgOs08.jpg

Edited by MadMan

That is awesome, I like it! You'll need a bigger desk soon at that rate :). Single cable for sure, those extra 24fps aren't worth losing the other features.

Having things in front of the monitor drive me nuts personally, I'd lay the speakers on their sides so then you're clear of any obstacles.

Wow. I remember the times when my Asus PG34 was the pinnacle, gone are those times! Congrats thats a great looking monitor. I've picked up the 34" Acer at first but the lightbleed was terrible. How is it on this one?

1 hour ago, That_Guy said:

I might make a jump to 4k but I guess I'll wait until 30** series NVidia are available... TitanXP chugs well in 3440x1440 for now! :P 

Maybe in a few years you'll find one :)

On 3/10/2021 at 10:17 PM, That_Guy said:

Wow. I remember the times when my Asus PG34 was the pinnacle, gone are those times! Congrats thats a great looking monitor. I've picked up the 34" Acer at first but the lightbleed was terrible. How is it on this one?

I don't see any light bleed on this like I did on my XB280HK. Here are a couple of pics to compare.

8JgID7a.jpg

0ADbTjl.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Found a big card to go with that big monitor, the new RTX 4090 and RTX 4090Ti were reviewed yesterday. Nvidia still has a few bugs to work out before release. :P

On 4/2/2021 at 9:42 AM, Braegnok said:

Found a big card to go with that big monitor, the new RTX 4090 and RTX 4090Ti were reviewed yesterday. Nvidia still has a few bugs to work out before release. :P

That $hit is too funny. But unfortunately not far from the truth.