Best x58 Motherboard for a Xeon X5690?

I had a Dell XPS 9000 with a i7 920.

Bought a Xeon X5690 to give it the biggest bang it could get for a CPU.

But the motherboard is toast before the CPU has even arrived.

Looking for suggestions on a Motherboard to match with my X5690.

I plan on installing and running OpenMediaVault once it's built and working.

I assume a board with the most number of SATA connections would be the best option, but i just wanna make sure before i go get something like a Supermicro X8ST3-F.

I ran a i7 950 on a Asus rampage 3 extreme board for years, they are rather hard to find and pretty pricey.    Ran my 950 at 4.5Ghz year round and during winter was able to hit 4.9GHz for benchmarks.     Ran it for a few years then put it on the shelf for 2-3 years.   Once i put back in service i replaced it with a X5690 but could only get my ram to run at 1333Mhz instead of 1600MHz, i was also only able to hit 4.0GHz on it but i didnt expect more since i moved for a 4 core 8 thread to a 6 core 12 thread.   I them moved to a i7 980x which allowed me to get my ram speed back up and it also OC'd to 4.2GHz.

A quick ebay search for Asus x58 boards is showing around $150 and up for a used one.   At that point you could pick one of these up.   I have one as my home server with a LSI megaraid 16 card.    The only issue is there is not storage space inside that case,  I 3d printed my own drive rack and just have the drives sitting on a shelf in my server rack.  You can also pick up a used LSI megaraid 8 port card for around $30 and attach 8 drives.      I picked on up to run a 4x6tb raid 5 and 4x256 ssd raid 0 as a scratch drive in my home computer.

Edited by olokul