Sign in to follow this  
GaaraPrime

Zotac RTX 2070 Super Mini 0% fan possible?

Hey guys,

Just bought the Zotac RTX 2070 Super Mini and it's working great. Only thing that irks me is that there is no 0 RPM fan mode :(

I upgraded from a Zotac GTX 1070 Amp Extreme and I loved the 0 RPM fan feature.

The reason it irks me the most is that this is my workstation as well, and I have to work on this for 8 to 10 hours per day. The card idles at 35 degrees C but always runs at 33% fan speed, which is really unnecessary. My 1070 used to idle at 0 fan speed and 45 degrees C, which was totally acceptable.

I did some research and found out that these settings are hardwired into the bios. Is there any way I can control the fan speeds? Has anyone flashed a good bios on this card to get the 0 RPM fan mode?

Thanx in advance for the help guys image.gif.7c1d6e60923ecc6eef0094587938265a.gif

Edit: This is the one I have...
ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER MINI

Also, my card has 6- and 8-pin power connectors. Don't know why reviews I see of this card, the reviewers' card have just the single 8-pin connector. It's weird.

image.gif

I personally have not flashed any SUPERS, though the process is the same as the OG cards. Because the card is a custom PCB, I'm not sure of what vBIOS can be used as replacement. Usually I suggest EVGA since it has a fan all-stop, but that is the regular cards....

Thanx for the reply.  I'm trying to gather as much information about my card as possible before even thinking of flashing something on it.  I don't wanna risk it.  The Always 33% Fan is not a problem for now.  I was just thinking that it's useless for it to do so.  It's got 5 years of warranty, so might as well just let it be.

Edit:  I did read about a guy who flashed the 2070 Super Amp Extreme bios on this card, but even then, he could only bring it down to 29% Fan.  This is kinda weird coz the 2070 Super Amp Extreme itself can do 0% fan.

Edited by GaaraPrime