Gremlin

Temps: Asus x570 , AMD 3600 and Lian li Lancool2

Basically have a default heatsink that came with CPU. Getting 50 C idle (using HWINFO) and Asus software shows 44 C. Is that normal? Any good heatsinks that is not that expensive? I might have to replace the fans that came with the case since I placed them in front  of the case.. Thank you!

I would trust BIOS > HWINFO > Other software. However idle doesn't really matter much. Its under load that counts. I know the 3600 comes with a different fans than the 3700 and up. It produces less heat so it doesn't need as beefy cooler.

Lots of CPU coolers ranging from $30 to 150. Really depends on what you are trying to do and what temp you think are acceptable. Im pretty sure the Ryzen 3rd gen is just fine operating at 80c 24/7.

When I am playing Ghost Recon Breakpoint, temp goes to 63.. . If 50 C is good.. I will leave it as it is.. Found out the issue, Lian li Lancool 2 has the front panel that has filters in the front. Once I removed it, temps went to 44 C. I guess I will replace the front panel from newegg in a month or so from the version 2..

Thank you for the help as always :)

63 is perfectly fine. The cutoff is actually 100c :). Now I wouldn't run it that hot 24/7, but that is the point at which it will thermal throttle.

Filters change the fan curve and lower the CFM flow.

Every user is against filters.  I don't use them, but in certain work environments it would be helpful.  I think the filters in the cases are to restrictive though, at as seen in reviews.

To use them and get 44 c temps you would need to compensate for the reduced CFM by adding more fans.  The fan could even be doubled and work as a booster fan, but this does not boost the flow 100%, so it is wasteful.

• Thanks 1

Once i remove the filters..it goes to 40.. 

I have maxed out with fans.. I might have to replace the front case fans as those don't pull air in much. I am probably going to get the Lian Li new fans Uni where all there can be combined into as one.. Saves on the wiring :)

I love filters! I have been tasked with cleaning 10 years of buildup before. Its gross. Fan filters are easy to clean and save a lot of dust build up in the system.

Jay2Centz just did a review for some fans. Sounds like they rock. I might buy a few myself.

I watched it yesterday.. :)

I put the filters back after you mentioned the temps are good..

And with Lian li you can only get them from Newegg, for now.. 

Edited by Gremlin

Apparently its only for pre-order. Can't even find them anywhere. I hate when video comes out and the product isn't available for months...

In the past I looked into getting better performance fans and comparing the 8 cfm improvement per fan the outcome would be like adding an extra fan and getting a few degree drop in temperature.