bp9801

NovelKeys NK65 - Entry Edition Build and Review

Not sure how many might be interested, but I juts put up a GitHub repository with some of the files relevant for this, such as the keymaps. Also put the FLAC files of the sound tests, for anyone that wants to try listening to them. (Honestly wasn't sure of the best way to share such recordings, as YouTube may add its own audio processing layer, for example, but if I keep this repository with the other files, might as well have those there too.

GuestJim/Custom-Keyboard-Files

Saw NovelKeys share some updates on stock and such that might be worth sharing, for those interested. For one thing, NK65 Entry Editions, like I was provided, in beige and purple are expected to be restocked later next week, and then in 2-3 weeks restock of 3000 units in different colors. An e-white version of the Aluminum Edition will go live tomorrow at 12 PM EDT, and there are only 500 so while they are more expensive, at $195 (they cost more to produce) that many could go quickly.

Also, as a quick reminder, the NK65 - Milkshake Edition pre-orders open up on September 18, Friday. I mentioned this in the review because it will come with everything, keyboard, switches (Silk Yellows like I was/am using in it), and keycaps, and so should be a good keyboard to start with in custom keyboards, as it will still be hotswap and use QMK and with VIA support. They have also added proxies, for those in not in the US.