Nyt

NVIDIA Special Event September 1st - likely the new RTX cards being announced

I'll have to check but it seems like the VF Curve has been adjusted to 2Ghz @ 1.093v instead of 2.1Ghz.

Just means instead of 45mhz OC offset, now it will be 145 instead.

After some delays, I should be getting my MSI Gaming X Trio 3080 delivered this week.

Very excited, my 1080Ti just didn't have enough power for 1440p/144Hz and an RTX3080 with DLSS 2.0 is a massive improvement. 

Also happy to hear DLSS 2.0 will be in Cyberpunk 2077 and Watch Dogs 3. It's some fantastic tech and I hope it's included in most new releases. 

The AMD event for the RX6000 series is coming up soon. From the teasers in the Ryzen conference, it looks like the biggest Navi card will be matching the 3080 (well, in some games at least). 

Will be interesting to see how they handle Raytracing, because NVIDIA looks like they're winning with their RT cores and DLSS 2.0.

I'm super excited for Cyberpunk. I don't care much about watchdogs, the first one was meh, didn't play the second. To bad SLI is dead. I feel that game with all the settings cranked up will barely hold 60FPS.

Cyberpunk will only support DirectX 12 on PC and will push modern PC hardware to its limits running 4K. 

I'm hoping the game supports SLI natively on release day for 20-series cards. If not I'll be running at 1440 with single card. :unsure:

The future does not look good for DirectX 12 games, SLI support on 30-series cards,.. https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5082

On the bright side, well-done explicit multi-adapter, the DX12 and Vulkan thing that allows a game engine to use multiple GPUs, should be more efficient and flexible than SLI or Crossfire, and not require a special bridge between the cards either. I'm not sure how many developers may bother with it as single-GPU is far more common, but it may catch on. Of course with technologies like DLSS and VRS that significantly improve performance for a single card, especially at higher resolutions, how necessary will multiple cards be in the future?

2 hours ago, Guest_Jim_* said:

and VRS 

Now that's a name I haven't heard for a while. It's a shame it hasn't been used much in 2 years.

I think Wolfenstein 2 and Wolfenstein Youngblood were the only big games that actually used it.
With the Xbox Series X making use of VRS, maybe we will finally see more games using it.

Between the next gen consoles and it being a feature of DirectX 12, it should hopefully see adoption increase. Serious Sam 4 supports it and the impact on the RTX 2060 was quite impressive. Sure you can see image quality decline in some locations, but a lot of it is not the noticeable for normal gameplay.