I am sticking with the x370  for awhile.At least till  Ive saved enough to get an x570 or whatever chip set AMD has at that time.My recordings right now are not that complex but stepsonish will be sending me his songs to do some mixing/mastering fairly soon..Then I'd more than likely need faster everything.Eventually I'd like to add a cpl of NVME drives.The PCIE 4 is faster  so I can load plugins from them and have them react in a close  to real time with out any or veeery limited lag/latency then render it out as high a quality as I can get it to be.Then an upgrade to a more professional 3d program that will use as many cores as I can throw at it. So renders don't take a loooooong time. And have more features which need more speed etc. Well that's the plan anyhow.

Yeah your probably good for awhile with that X370. Any NVMe drive is a upgrade over a SSD. I still use my Intel 750 AIC and even though it taps out around 1.5GB/s, its still plenty of fast for me. Que-Depth and IOPs have a greater impact than a high throughput. Unfortunately many drivers are advertised at Que-1, so it not really pushing it hard. If you are reading and writing to the drive at the same time, it can help a good amount. That why I like this Intel DC (Enterprise) SSDs. Intel knows how to a make a good in-house controller.

I just buy used Intel DC drives off ebay. like 3.84TB NVMe U.2 drivers are $400. Not a bad price :)

Yeah IM good for a little bit at least till the GAS kicks back in(gear acquisition syndrome)   Never bought  an Intel hard drive before.Good to know options. I do plan on at least 1 NVME drive for this machine.Eventually 2 or more with the switch to a different MB. 1 for OS and programs, 1 to send work to and bigger spinners for storage and backups.Mb right now only has 1 spot for NVME and a bunch of SATA spots. Them PCIE Optane drives look interesting from Intel.Not too sure about suitability though.And they be pricey.