Jump to content
IVIYTH0S

My name's not Ivy but...

Recommended Posts

On 7/10/2020 at 9:37 AM, IVIYTH0S said:

I

I need to figure out a way to better seal our attic entry door so it isn't gaping open all the time. May invest in a less death defying folding ladder too haha. 

 

I've put velcro on the trim and then made a panel with the opposite velcro and used it to cover and seal the opening. I've done this for attic fans to seal them for winter. works well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, damian said:

Hola!

Been lurking the site since im planning a new high end build but unfortunately I've had to go else where to look at reviews since OCC doesn't have the info on the hardware I want.

Not my first choice but unfortunately i have to watch those click bait, cringey youtubers to get up-to-date info on products im planning on buying :mfp:

Darn, sad to hear that. What are you building? 

2 hours ago, dr_bowtie said:

 

I've put velcro on the trim and then made a panel with the opposite velcro and used it to cover and seal the opening. I've done this for attic fans to seal them for winter. works well.

That's a pretty good idea, might just have to do that! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2020 at 9:03 AM, IVIYTH0S said:

Darn, sad to hear that. What are you building?

Aside from still contemplating the motherboard and GPU, I will be getting something like this:

OlbdubT.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, damian said:

Aside from still contemplating the motherboard and GPU, I will be getting something like this:

OlbdubT.png

Nice! Looks a lot like a build my buddy's making. He's waiting to see if the 3K series from Nvidia is worth getting or will lower the price of the 2Ks. I tried to convince him the 5700 flashed to the XT was a killer value but he's all about trying ray tracing haha. He has everything but the GPU now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2020 at 5:53 PM, IVIYTH0S said:

Nice! Looks a lot like a build my buddy's making. He's waiting to see if the 3K series from Nvidia is worth getting or will lower the price of the 2Ks. I tried to convince him the 5700 flashed to the XT was a killer value but he's all about trying ray tracing haha. He has everything but the GPU now


I can't blame your buddy for wanting to stick with NVIDIA at the moment. Raytracing and DLSS 2.0 are the future, the 5700XT is going to age very quickly. 

@damian swop that 5700XT for an RTX 2070 Super! :happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Nyt said:


I can't blame your buddy for wanting to stick with NVIDIA at the moment. Raytracing and DLSS 2.0 are the future, the 5700XT is going to age very quickly. 

@damian swop that 5700XT for an RTX 2070 Super! :happy:

But only after waiting for the 3000s to come out :teehee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm an old timer that recently came back myself (I think I was still trying to crank everything I could out of my poor old Phenom 960 the last time I was active)

Recently did some monster upgrades with all the overtime and hazard pay I've been getting lately and decided to pop back in here to get some advice on parts (and well, I missed you guys)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DexRain said:

I'm an old timer that recently came back myself (I think I was still trying to crank everything I could out of my poor old Phenom 960 the last time I was active)

Recently did some monster upgrades with all the overtime and hazard pay I've been getting lately and decided to pop back in here to get some advice on parts (and well, I missed you guys)

I can't imagine the power increase you had haha. What'd you get end up going with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R9 3950X, MSI X570 MEG Godlike, 64gb DDR4 3600, 1200w ROG Thor psu, and an EVGA 2080ti, don't plan on any big upgrades for awhile, might end up building a custom loop eventually but the ole Phanteks PH14 is still doing fine keeping this beast reined in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope you enjoy being in the 16 core/32 thread club. Been loving my 1950X since I built it and how I can more often than not give it more to do without issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DexRain said:

R9 3950X, MSI X570 MEG Godlike, 64gb DDR4 3600, 1200w ROG Thor psu, and an EVGA 2080ti, don't plan on any big upgrades for awhile, might end up building a custom loop eventually but the ole Phanteks PH14 is still doing fine keeping this beast reined in

Wow that's alot of power supply, no second card in the future?

3 hours ago, Guest_Jim_* said:

I hope you enjoy being in the 16 core/32 thread club. Been loving my 1950X since I built it and how I can more often than not give it more to do without issue.

Madness...I'm just putting along with my i7 2600K over here :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Guest_Jim_* said:

I hope you enjoy being in the 16 core/32 thread club. Been loving my 1950X since I built it and how I can more often than not give it more to do without issue.

These 1st Gen Threadrippers aren't the best in games. Its alright for light gaming, but I know i'm losing 30-40 FPS compared to a Ryzen 3800X.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...