Sign in to follow this  
compudude2007

Athlon Xp 2500+ Mobile Overclock

I managed to get mey new mobile overclocked to 2700mhz prime stable at only 1.9v

The stepping begins with an I so it is a good chip.

I am happy. Go newegg!

This mobile works flawlessly with my abit nf7-s 2.0 and Mushkin 2-2-2 special

:D

Dang man, very nice! :D

Do you have any benchmark results? I'd be intrigued to see how it does. What kind of cooling do you have?

Sweet that paves the way I think for Overclocking Athlons! Gives me some idea what my 2600+ should be capable of! :) That thing at 2700 should beat a athlon 64!

[quote name='OweO2004' date='Mar 13 2004, 02:33 PM']Sweet that paves the way I think for Overclocking Athlons! Gives me some idea what my 2600+ should be capable of! :) That thing at 2700 should beat a athlon 64![/quote]
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a noob. There's a whole complicated story with this, but a greater processor # doesn't mean you automatically get a better OC. A lot of great OCs (2500MHz) come out of 1800+'s

:huh: i dont see anything noobish about his comment... If he does have a 2600+ mobile he has a good reference point of what he can aim for because they have basically the same cores. Also a 2700mhz is capable of beating the a64's in many test.

oh, ok. well im thinkin about gettin one of these now and trading my 2500+ non-m for one. Ive got an a7n8x dlx mobo which doesnt support 1.25v that the chip uses according to newegg. Will it work?

[quote name='Ziggy54354' date='Mar 13 2004, 06:56 PM']oh, ok. well im thinkin about gettin one of these now and trading my 2500+ non-m for one. Ive got an a7n8x dlx mobo which doesnt support 1.25v that the chip uses according to newegg. Will it work?[/quote]
that is a misprint on newegg. its 1.45v for all B-mobiles. your board will support that with no problems. will be getting one in a few weeks. Edited by C0DE

actually there are some 1.34v mobiles as well...but most that we find will be the 1.45v ones
But... that is assuming we keep it at stock speeds!

Who would do something silly like that!?!?!

Well, everyone seems to be jumping onboard with the new mobile chips. Guess now I have to go back in time and start out with one and blow everyone away 4 months ago Edited by InvaderTrax