Sign in to follow this  
jinelcrimp8

PC Enthusiast have some CPU questions

So sorry if this is an atypical question, but I've been building PCs for a while and I understand the most foundational and basic, surface of PC building (ie which parts to get, what works with what, what certain specs mean etc)

But I want to really dive in deeper to CPU/GPU architecture.

I understand this is a a huge topic, and just wanted some articles for a beginner with some background in computer science and basic EE to understand some CPU architecture first.

I'll come back for some GPU architecture stuff later in a few months or so after I complete a basic grasp of CPU architecture.

If you want a really condensed short versions of each CPU, I would suggest Anandtech CPU reviews. Whoever writes them now since Anand is retired does a fairly good job at explaining super integrate stuff in a easy to understand format. But if you really want to get into the meat and bones of a CPU, you will need to read the White Papers on CPU programming. AMD has a whole stack https://developer.amd.com/resources/developer-guides-manuals/ . It is a bit painful to read. very very dry. (3000 pages).