Sign in to follow this  
zackxoxo

I've been building and fixing computers from Overclocking

I've been building and fixing computers, mostly my own, for a long time. But I have never tried it learned how to overclock my systems. I've seen diagnostic screens and overclock programs, but they turn me away because I know next to nothing about electrical engineering aside from how to pick the right power supply based on the hardware specs. I've also been told things like that it isn't worth it for a regular rig, or that water cooling it's a must. But frankly I don't know anything any that either, just the idea of inducing water into my rig seems like a terrible idea. Where should I start to learn these things, they weren't exactly covered in my A+ cert class.

Update: My issue has been solved, thank you.

Probably the quickest way is to watch reputable YouTubers, read a ton of reviews from all different websites and ask question on forums for things you don't fully understand. I am still learning things daily, so it is a never ending cycle.

Also welcome to OCC!

While it's still fun to overclock, I just wanted to say that if you get, or have, a newer generation processor, most of them have boosting technologies that will automatically get you most of what you're gonna get.  The days of getting a 20-50% overclock for free are gone I think.  Unless you're going to get into freezing.