NCC10281982B

Need help Cooler shopping

OKay, so I was playing Just cause 3 just now and my FPS completely tanked. Had to do a hard reset. POST said CPU over temperature error. BIOS said 76C. AFIK all the usual OC stuff is set to stock. My current cooler is a POS according to me because (worst fan mounting system ever)  thins kind of thing continues to happen even after replacing the stock cooler. So my thing is I want to be able to sort / shop by TPW (or whatever the acronym for thermal energy dissipation is). Newegg does not seem to allow that. :(

DESKTOP-A4HJI15.txt

76C for a Haswell i7'4970K isnt bad. The included intel cooler is horrible. Prime95 would reach 100c. 

If your using the included cooler you'll want a replacement. A really cheap but okay one is the CoolerMaster 212 EVO. Usally about $20 on sale. Hits about 85c in Prime95 @ stock. Can't handle a overclock though.

Posted (edited)

i got a corsair H115i system for sale in the classifides section. Youre looking for budget I think, but I'm gonna try to swing you the other way! You need lights!

I am running a dark rock 4 on a 3700x and it is as the name says. quiet.

Edited by robAP

The H115i isn't a bad choice and it should be forwards compatible.

If your looking for an awesome performer check out the Noctua line of coolers. 

The NHU-12A, NHU-14S or the D-15 are ones that come to mind. If I was going to do air cooling. I tend to water cool these days though. That I always suggest.