dling

Mozilla Browser

I cant get Mozilla to keep my home page any more. It started with I was getting the Yahoo redirect

and did some research . Followed the instructions. Now I cant get it to open back to my chosen home page.

It works fine while I have the browser open. When I close it it will open to the yahoo log in page but not to the

page that I use when I'm logged in. I have stay logged in in yahoo . It worked for years and still works on lap top.

I have compared the laptop setting with desktop and their the same. I'm baffled and frustrated.

Any suggestions ? 

I would think it might be Yahoo changed something, but if Chrome is doing it right, that seems unlikely. Did anything change, like an extension update or Firefox update? I have no idea how Yahoo recognizes if someone is logged in, so potentially it was an issue with that. I could also see it being something with containers, like if you are logged in for one container but the homepage was being loaded in a different one without the login. I could see a transition to the correct container not being obvious or apparent.

Unfortunately that is the best speculation I have since I haven't used Firefox in so long. Moved to Waterfox so extensions I was using could keep working and have been very happy ever since the transition, and while the browsers are very similar, there are differences beyond the extension support.

I found that Firefox wasn't keeping any of my logins. Its weird.  Still works fine on laptop. I was just used to firefox but chrome is fine. Anything other then Microsoft  is good.

Out of curiosity, what would happen if you copied the profile folder from the laptop to the desktop? I am not sure what file stores the logins, at least the non-cookie logins (that should just be cookies.sqlite), but perhaps just copying the (right) files over would fix the issue, or narrow it down at least. Of course back up the profile first, but it might be something to try if you want to spend the time on it.

On 5/2/2020 at 4:01 PM, Guest_Jim_* said:

Out of curiosity, what would happen if you copied the profile folder from the laptop to the desktop? I am not sure what file stores the logins, at least the non-cookie logins (that should just be cookies.sqlite), but perhaps just copying the (right) files over would fix the issue, or narrow it down at least. Of course back up the profile first, but it might be something to try if you want to spend the time on it.

That's a great suggestion.  It's certainly worth a try. Not really happy with Chrome.  It's the bookmarks or favorites management. Dont like it.

So when firefox updated it caused the browser menu as well as bookmarks to turn all light grey now. I cant find a way to restore the old look.(blue menu)

I have looked in tools/add on and themes/manage themes. All I have is light or dark grey and black options. Any suggestions on haw to fix it ?

Yeah I'm pissed at Firefox, my bookmarks all moved around. Maybe someone will make a old GUI.

Seems like they kept  fixing  it until it broke.

The other option is to install the old Firefox, but than I lose security....hmm what to do.

1 hour ago, ir_cow said:

The other option is to install the old Firefox, but than I lose security....hmm what to do.

I've not been following the Firefox situation, but has the ESR version been impacted by the undesirable changes yet? Another alternative might be Waterfox though, as it is kept up to date with security changes to Firefox, but has not adopted some of the questionable changes from Mozilla.

...yeah that whole firefox thing sucks but chrome is gonna track the helll outta EVERYTHING you do... i got so frustrated with google tracking and meta-data hoarding that i went out and did the unthinkable and got an i-phone12 .... google sucks too but different !!