choosing between 2 options (ram for RYZEN)

Hello ppl :)

Short version: help me choose what ram is best for ryzen 3600

PC SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 3600 (stock cooler)

MOBO: B450 tomohawk max (bios 3.3)

SSD: 1tb samsung 860 evo

256 gb SAMSUNG MZNLN256HCHP

GPU: MSI 2070

PSU: CM MWE gold 750

LINK TO RAM SPECS

View: https://imgur.com/a/Crh783n

(both sets are 16 gb - i only "benched" one stick of each set)

Long version:

I wanted to get good ram for ryzen and oc it using ryzen dram calc

I bought the ballistix ram first and tried to oc it with the ryzen dram calc, it gave me weird stutters and other small issues, was not able to get it to work stable

I figured it was due to the ram. So i got my hands on a second kit from corsair, but those gave blue screens when oc'ed

DISCLAIMER:I am a total nitwit when it comes to ram ocing, I just copied whatever timings and other stuff the dram calc gave me into my bios

So i f*ed up somewhere along the line, so I will sell off one of the kits and keep the best one

Which set should i keep?

Bonus question: If someone could help me with using the ryzen dram calc, would be nice also

Thanks!

DRAM Calculator is not perfect. Not only do you have to select the type of memory (Samsung, Hynix or Micron). You need to set how many sticks, what platform it on and dual or single rank.

Even with all the correct settings You will have to play around with the timings and voltages associated with the ram and SOC.  The DRAM Calculator will give you recommendations on the right side, but usually its somewhere between recommend and max options.

Ram is very much NOT plug n play for overclocking. Some of the settings I still don't know what they do fully.

FYI, i dont see the ram links you are talking about. But I would say if you overclocking lower binned ram, it can take a good while to lock in good settings. Use Memtest86 after every change to validate the settings. Only real way to tell if the memory is stable or not.

*Edit*

I see the image you linked. Both are CL16-18-18 3200 memory. One is Hynix and the other is Micron. I don't think Hynix comes in 3600 speeds, so if you are set on overclocking, your bet bet is that Micron Kit and 3600 CL18 is my guess.

Actually what is the DRAM speed are you trying to overclock to? That wasn't really clear. Both memory kits are fine if you enable the XMP is all you need to do and let it stay at 3200.