Sign in to follow this  
bp9801

XFX RX 5600 XT THICC 3 Ultra Reviewed

good morning  _cow... I was just doing some comparisons of different AMD cards with the intent of possibly taking this newly updated build all the way AMD. I've looked at both of the reviews on here of the xfx 5600 cards, both Ultra and Pro, and i don't see a lot of differences other than HS/Fans and length... I'm guessing they are both 7nm RDNA but will they be able to perform ray tracing ?  like after a firmware upgrade ? Well this is another excellent review and thank you for your videos and other OCC work.

All the Pros and Ultras for the RX 5600 XT from XFX are the same NAVI 7nm at this time and no matter what brand you buy it will be the same.  However DX12 Ultimate (Ray Tracing Support) was just announced. I don't think any game supports it yet. Also I don't know how well the RX 5600 or 5700 cards will handle it and at what resolution.

Once I find a game that supports it, I will benchmark it across all the NAVI cards I have.

Edit: It seems from the news, it points to RNDA-2 (aka unreleased AMD video cards) "fully" support DXR 1.1. I don't actually know if its a extra compute unit stuck onto the GPU like NVIDIA did for RTX (Tensor cores) or it is just more powerful and the RNDA-1 (gen1) will support it to after a driver update. My guess from looking at the specs of DXR 1.1 AMD has to had something to the GPU to make it compliant. Maybe not all the DX12-U features will work. We just don't know yet. 

Sign in to follow this