Asus Prime X570 Pro Questions

A friend has an ASUS ROG  Crosshair VIII and i was able to update the bios on the board using EZ Flash tool within the bios by going directly to the internet. 

However when I tried that on the Prime X570, it says can't reach internet? Just curious to see if I missed anything..

Second, I have googled and looked through the manual, does this board have an XMP profile to increase the Memory to 3000? 

Thank you for any input :)

Updating BIOS using EZ Flash/Internet, seems like a gamble as 50% of the time it has issues for me also, could be firewall settings,.. I generally use the flashdrive/rename tool, works every time.

The XMP profile on that board is generated from the memory modules installed, by reading profile from module. The Asus ROG boards have stored memory/OC profiles from Raja, and Der8auer,.. stored in BIOS you can scroll through and click load settings and depending on your CPU, Memory quality all there OC settings are loaded into your settings via Extreme Tweaker Menu, DRAM Timing Control using Memory Presets. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?33488-Maximus-VI-Series-UEFI-Guide-for-Overclocking

Edited by Braegnok

1: Only way I was able to update through the internet with EZ Flash was with Ethernet. The Wi-FI doesn't work in the BIOS.

2: This a double question / two answers, though Braegnok might be right since I actually don't know how the memory profiles are generated. I always thought it was built into the chips. Hence why the same XMP profile can be applied so any motherboard. That is my understanding of XMP. The motherboard itself can have generic memory profiles (all of them do in some ways). These will apply a semi lose timing profile to the memory.

So either you can set it to 3000 manually, use the internal XMP profile on the sticks or use the motherboards pre-built XMP profiles. The MSI MPG GAMING had crazy ones like 1.8v 3200. Not all of them are good to use.

1) I updated my friends via Ethernet, it found the IP fine. Connected mine the same way and no IP at all. Lan cable light was blinking. When I got the board, the bios came with July bios I believe. I tried with EZ update and it said no bios available. Had to manually download it. Weird.. 

2) Same Friend, had to do xmp  to change the memory to 3600 (i am not savvy with oc) because I updated manually to 3600 and locked up. My memory is DDR 4 3000, but motherboard bios shows at 2133.. Don't wont do manually 3000 because I am chicken lol.. 

1 hour ago, ir_cow said:

1: Only way I was able to update through the internet with EZ Flash was with Ethernet. The Wi-FI doesn't work in the BIOS.

2: This a double question / two answers, though Braegnok might be right since I actually don't know how the memory profiles are generated. I always thought it was built into the chips. Hence why the same XMP profile can be applied so any motherboard. That is my understanding of XMP. The motherboard itself can have generic memory profiles (all of them do in some ways). These will apply a semi lose timing profile to the memory.

So either you can set it to 3000 manually, use the internal XMP profile on the sticks or use the motherboards pre-built XMP profiles. The MSI MPG GAMING had crazy ones like 1.8v 3200. Not all of them are good to use.

Things may have changed with Intel technology over the years, but Extreme Memory Profiles or XMP is still generally done with a small chip on your RAM modules called an SPD (serial presence detect) chip. When your BIOS  conducts a power-on self test it reads SPD chip to set memory timing and frequencies properly,.. XMP is an extension of SPD which provides higher frequencies and tighter timings, it also corrects for the extra voltage required for a stable overclock,.. the information is stored on the modules, and the information is provided by the modules manufacture in most cases, some motherboards however do have stored Memory Presets like the Asus ROG boards.

That's what I thought, but you made me question myself lol.

But Grelim are you saying the memory you have is rated for 3600 or only 3000 and you are trying for 3600?. 2133 speed is the default so wil boot on any system.

This is the memory I have.. It is rated for 3000 .. 

Friend's is rated for 3600. 

I was trying to make the board replicate what was done to his.. but I guess I might have to just let it be since his board might have more features than mine.. 

I'm pretty sure your memory is Hynix ICs A-Die. Highest retail kit i've seen is 3333. So 3600 is really unlikely even with really lose timings. I don't think this has to do with "features" simply, your memory is not rated for those speeds and no retail kit exist that uses Hynix at 3600. Even overclocking it yourself manually, its not going to give good results. 

trYw797.png

Well for DDR4-3000, you should be able to set the XMP and go. Its low enough speeds that it won't need a voltage bump on the FCLK or SOC. But I see now your whole post is about installing the newest BIOS. which I highly recommend.