ir_cow

2020 OCC Review Game Benchmarks Poll

OCC 2020 Game Video Card Benchmarks  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these game(s) would you like to see included for future video card benchmarks?

• Destiny 2
    • Rainbow Six Siege
    • Rust
    • Red Dead Redemption 2
    • Halo: Reach
    • Dota 2
    • Monster Hunter: World
    • Starwars Battlefront 2
    • Company of Heroes 2
    • No Man's Sky
    • Battlefield 5
    • Fortnite
    • Apex Legends
    • Overwatch
    • Cyberpunk 2077
    • Newest Assassin's Creed
    • Ghost Recon Breakpoint
    • For Honor
    • Anno 1800
    • Other Title - List in comments
  2. 2. Which of these game(s) do you think should be removed from the Benchmark lineup

• Ashes of Singularity
    • Borderlands 3
    • Call of Duty: MW (2019)
    • F1 2019
    • Far Cry 5
    • Ghost Recon: Wildlands
    • GTA 5
    • Metro Exodus
    • Civilization 6
    • Shadow Tomb Raider
    • Division 2
    • None! I like them all.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 02/01/2020 at 04:05 AM

Hey Everyone!

We are nearing 2020 and I am working on updating some of the video card benchmarks and I want people's thoughts. What games would you like to see in future video card reviews? Also how about what do you think is a throwaway in the current set.

It current takes 7-9 hours to benchmark a single card. It consists of about 80 benchmark runs in total (for each card) just to give a idea of the time invested needed to make all these charts.

Here is what is being currently used:

1. Ashes of Singularity
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Call of Duty
  4. F1 2019
  5. Far Cry 5
  6. Ghost Recon
  7. GTA 5
  8. Metro Exodus
  9. Civilization 6
  10. Shadow Tomb Raider
  11. Division 2

I made a list of some popular titles to pick from. You have something not on the list, pick Other and list it below.

Thanks!

Merry Christmas,.. I have a few games not on your list that I would like to see included, if possible. :)

Witcher III: Wildhunt,

Crysis 3,

Edited by Braegnok

I loaded Crysis 3 the other day and was surprised how well it played @ 4K Ultra settings with 2019 hardware, I think the game was too far advanced when it was released back in 2013, the hardware struggled and most systems could not play the game at enjoyable frame rates, thought it might be interesting to see how modern hardware stacks up against some of the older games. 

Edited by Braegnok

I do remember not being able to play Crysis 3 with a GTX 1070. I really forgot about that game until you mentioned it. But you have a good point. Doing a article with older popular games would be interesting.  Especially playing in 4K.

Thanks for the votes so far! I had added Red Dead 2 and Battlefield 5 back into the mix. Almost done testing all 16 cards I have, than I will update some past reviews. Still not sure what to remove from the list. I'm trying to benchmark less games, not more!. However I still want it well rounded....

Out of curiosity, which are the hardest games to benchmark for you? I know Metro Exodus was a pain for me because that involved swapping out save files, so I'd accept that one disappearing based on that alone.

Total War: Warhammer II please! The game is very visually and CPU intensive, I think it'll be a great addition to the list.

Plus they have 3 built-in benchmark maps

Edited by That_Guy

1 hour ago, Guest_Jim_* said:

Out of curiosity, which are the hardest games to benchmark for you? I know Metro Exodus was a pain for me because that involved swapping out save files, so I'd accept that one disappearing based on that alone.

The hardest? Hmm well a few give me issues every single time. But for Metro Exodus, I just use the build-in benchmark and skip loading the game all together. No save files to worry about.

Ashes of Singularity: Have to restart the game for ever resolution and graphic setting. Some video card won't list the presets above "standard" or have higher resolution, but I set everything manually anyways in the config file.

Far Cry 5: First pass at 1920 x 1080 is always 20 FPS higher. So I just run it a few times to make sure it is really the right results.

GTA 5: EVERYTIME I start the game, the settings get reset.This requires the game to be restarted when changing graphic settings..What a pain.. Sometimes just changing resolution does it.

Shadow Tomb Raider: A lot of cards fail to start in DX12. Seems the newest drivers from both AMD and NVIDIA fixes this. I've been retesting every card with DX12 now.

Division 2: Randomly changes graphic settings after swapping video cards. Once again I just tipple check the settings to make sure all the cards match. This is also burned me after 10 hours of benchmark, I'll forget to check one card... Than It takes time to reinstall the card, install drivers and test the card again.

32 minutes ago, That_Guy said:

Total War: Warhammer II please! The game is very visually and CPU intensive, I think it'll be a great addition to the list.

Plus they have 3 built-in benchmark maps

Thanks! I'll try to add this into my list. Seems like even though 30K+ play Civilization 6 still (Steam charts) daily, I'm thinking of removing it. Anyone else want to see Warhammer 2? Seems fairly popular and graphically intense.

Final Bump. Thanks for all the feedback guys!

I haven't figured out what to remove after adding BF5 and RDR2. Most likely CVIL 6 and Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

Okay I lied :)

XFX RX 5700 XT THICC III Ultra  and Palit GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER GamingPro have been retested with the newest drivers (late December), plus BF5 and RDR2 is added.

Haven't removed anything yet, but things are coming this year. AMD 5600 XT is already announced.

*Update 1/16/2020

PowerColor Red Devil RX 5700 is updated now