X370 bios update

Is it advisable to reset the bios to default before updating the bios.Got the ram dialed up from 2133 to 2933 and cpu up just a little also and that's it.Or can I just update it and go ,I'm leaning towards reset. Been a loooong time since Ive updated a bios on a motherboard.Think mmmm close to a decade.I seem to remember it was recommended to reset MB to defaults,makes sense.

MSI has  released a bios that supports the Ryzen 2000 and 3000 cpu's.Plus the cpu I have now is supported in the bios. I do have 2 motherboards to use the MSI x370 sli plus, that I luckily won in the Christmas contest here and an MSI Gaming pro carbon my son gave me cause he didn't want to update the bios for a new cpu.Both have same type of update I believe.I'm leaning towards the pro carbon one.Same process for both but more work.And sloooowly build a Ryzen pc to surprise  the wifey with the Sli plus and the cpu I have now in it.

What has brought this on is Ive been doing a lot of graphic stuff lately  and the Cpu I have now is slower than Id  like/need it to be, even overclocked a smidge. Was thinking more cores the better for the rendering/graphics  stuff Ive been doing..The program i use can use 16 cores I have 4 now. With 2 video cards folding 24/7 the vast majority of the time for OCC that doesn't  leave many cores for folding.Folding alone is taxing 50-60 % on all of the cores. Cpu now is still  fast as it is but multi threaded performance is a bit lightish.Sorry for the rambling thread.

If your system is overclocked it is advisable to reset the BIOS to default before updating,.. mainly to ensure you do not have any unstable system overclocks applied that could cause the system to hang while flashing. 

Thank you. I thought I remembered resetting bios before flashing to new bios, but Mr. memory aint what it used to be.

Still leaning towards the carbon pro for my pc the sli plus for the wifes. Is the carbon pro That much better? MSI web site makes it seem like the audio section is the bees knees. Since it'll be doing dbl or triple duty music creation, graphics creation ,folding and maybe some video editing that one may be the better choice. Thoughts? In any event it will be a long drawn out process to get the stuff for both.

THX again..