Cheap Fast Memory Kits

11 hours ago, Miuay said:

so this thing is bugging me... my old i7-5930 is starting to feel it's age or I am, but i am seriously contemplating upgrading the mobo, cpu and ram, to 7nm. I have the 3950x in my microcenter cart along with the asus crosshair 8 but I am not seeing a good and cheap memory to go along with it at my Tustin store. I can also shop the egg and frys if need be but i'm looking for that seriously 7nm compatible mem that will make a new setup like this really amazing ! ... i'm thinking 64gigs and tight like 14cl ... what say you ?

If your running AMD X570 motherboard with Ryzen 3000 series processor, the Trident Z Neo F4-320014Q-64GTZN kit should work, I have used this kit on two builds with no issues. They are hard to find in stock, and kinda hard on the wallet at $600 for 4 x 16GB kit.  https://www.gskill.com/product/165/326/1562838710/F4-3200C14Q-64GTZNTrident-Z-NeoDDR4-3200MHz-CL14-14-14-34-1.35V64GB-(4x16GB) 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Asus released new BIOS version 1502 a few days ago for Intel ROG boards, and didn't list any specific changes or improvements in update. I looked and can't find any white paper or listing of performance enhancements or patches/fixes,.. 

So I went ahead and flashed my boards #2 BIOS with it, and seems they did some huge memory performance updates. With manual memory settings I can run much lower VCCIO/SA voltage, and tighter timings @ 4000+ MHz running CR1 now.

Edited by Braegnok

You know I forget that memory comes in three designs, A0, A1 and A2. I keep forgetting to take that into account when overclocking and what slot to put it in.

On a side note, ASUS also released a new BIOS for the Crosshair 8 HERO. Just says stability fix. Maybe I can finally get 64GB to boot above 3400?

I have a nice 2x16GB 3733MHz 1.35V profile saved in 1502 BIOS, working on 4133MHz 1.4V CL17 2x16GB now. 

2x16GB 3733.PNG

Edited by Braegnok

Interesting update. I decided to pull off the heatsink on these Patriot Viper Steels 4400s (PVS16G440C9K). It is honestly not a heatsink at all and nothing is actually holding it on besides some tiger tape. Which isn't a good thermal pad either. I suggest putting a fan directly on or have good airflow.  It is a little disappointing but it makes sense why they are cheaper then any other Samsung-B Die binned kits by $70-100 lower.

Anyways the part number is K4A8G085WB-BCPB which translates to one of Samsung lowest B-DIE memory  bins of 2133 / 85c Temp. With a A2 PCB layout. So Patriot must be buying these is mass bulk for really cheap and hoping to get chips that can reach 4400. \

Make sense why I cannot get these to go much higher. But that same time, good job Patriot! Thanks for selling me really fast memory for cheap :)

This make me just want to watercool them. I have a block somewhere in a box. I wonder how high these would go when a bit cooler.

Edit: I was able to bring the timmings down to 14-16-13-13-27-40 :)

• ir_cow pinned this topic

I just reviewed G.Skill TridentZ Neo 3600 Kit.  Great memory kit if you don't want to play around with FCLK or memory overclocking. Even better if you do!

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2020 at 9:27 PM, ir_cow said:

I'll be sure to pick them up also. I want 5000 speeds!

Crucial released the golden DDR4-5100 modules today,  https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/blm2k8g51c19u4b  The DDR4-5100 kit is a limited Edition and no sellers found,.. I was able to order direct from Crucial this morning,..

Express Shipping, will have them on Friday 9/11/2020. 

Edited by Braegnok

WOW!

I manged to get this 3600 Tridentz Neo kit to 4700 CL19 yesterday. Was thinking of getting Ballistic MAX 4000 since those seems to reach 5000 also.

Let me know how it goes. When I ran 4700 on the i9-10900k my VCIO votlage was 1.67v. I think the safe limit is 1.5 for daily use...

Amazon has the 4000 for $135 right now. Very tempting..

Will post some results when I get new cooling loop completed,.. adding in a block for memory modules. 

I think one of the main issues my overclocked memory starts throwing errors during testing, under heavy loads is allowing temps to get above 52c,.. my chassis has good airflow but memory starts becoming unstable past 52c,.. and installing the fan-cooler awhile back solved issue,..

But when I pulled XI board to install XII board I noticed a huge amount of dust on my memory modules from the memory cooler fans blowing directly on them, so going to try a memory water block this time.

The XII board has an M.2 slot under a heatsink above the PCIe slots, so will be using that for primary drive.

Going to leave DIMM.2 M.2 slot next to memory empty,.. as the DIMM.2 M.2 expansion card beside memory slots is a clearance issue for any type cooler on memory, and the DIMM.2 card also blocked airflow, caused heat from M.2 drives to effect memory modules.

Bitspower V2 clear-black,  https://www.performance-pcs.com/water-cooling/water-blocks/water-blocks-ram/bitspower-universal-ram-module-water-cooling-set-for-2-banks-2-dimms-v2-clear-black-bp-rams22v2-clbk.html

Edited by Braegnok