Cheap Fast Memory Kits

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what I ended up with, microcenter has what this nerd needs... next thing is a proper cooler for this upgrade... more reaserch to do..

Nice looking hardware cj.

I think you will be surprised with the performance AMD's X570 & Ryzen 9 offers,.. are you going with Gen 4.0 x4 NVMe drive.

Noticed 4 of the SATA ports on the Tuff Gaming X570 are vertically mounted, not sure about reason for that or why. 

ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wi-Fi Headers

Edited by Braegnok

I was looking at M.2 2280 kits today but I will check into gen 4.0x4 NVMe drives in the morning but I bought a decent corsair h115i platinum cooler today... this cpu 3950x didn't come with a cooler i think because there are soo many different ideas of how to keep a gaming processor cool out there ... but this ought to do the job and I've had sensational results with the Corsair line in the past !

15838951257965401183133281660374.jpg

22 minutes ago, ir_cow said:

Hmm?? 

i tried to comment on the steve burnell new build thread and was blocked the first couple of tries... but it came back and is all good now ... fourth time is a charm ! you can remove thes from this one cow if you want...

• 3 weeks later...

I keep seeing the Partriot 4400 Kit going down to $130 every few days on both Newegg and Amazon. Its a great kit if you are willing to manually tune it down to 3800 CL14. 

I'm tempted to get a second kit and see if I can maintain it will 4 Dimms.

• 3 weeks later...

so this thing is bugging me... my old i7-5930 is starting to feel it's age or I am, but i am seriously contemplating upgrading the mobo, cpu and ram, to 7nm. I have the 3950x in my microcenter cart along with the asus crosshair 8 but I am not seeing a good and cheap memory to go along with it at my Tustin store. I can also shop the egg and frys if need be but i'm looking for that seriously 7nm compatible mem that will make a new setup like this really amazing ! ... i'm thinking 64gigs and tight like 14cl ... what say you ?

Your not going to get any 64GB (4x8) to boot above 3400. Possibly 3200 without much work. I sure had a hard time even posting at 3200 without manually entering all the timings and voltages. Its hard on the SOC. You will most likely need to bump the voltage to 1.025v.

CL14 is doable, but poabably should expect CL16.

• ir_cow pinned this topic