Cheap Fast Memory Kits

Funny I have the same block but 4-wide. It has been sitting in a box for about 5 years now. I just never got around to using it or finding a need to. But high frequency and 1.5-1.6v it starts to make sense again.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Crucial modules run OK in Z390, but run much better in Z490 system,.. are you going to be running them in your X570? the results would be interesting. :geek:

On Z390 need 1.376V VCCIO & 1.456V VCCSA with loose timings for Realbench stable @ 4600MHz.

1602HWiNFO64.thumb.jpg.629ed712d44502fcb618ff981d329275.jpg

And basically the same VCCIO & VCCSA on Z490,.. but much tighter timings for Realbench stable @ 4600MHz.

Edited by Braegnok

I'm going to try 

2 hours ago, Braegnok said:

The Crucial modules run OK in Z390, but run much better in Z490 system,.. are you going to be running them in your X570? the results would be interesting. :geek:

I'm going to try both. I think my AMD 3800x tops out at 4600~ with two sticks without more Soc Voltage. I can run the same TridentZ Neo kit at 4700 without much trouble on the MSI Z490 Unify. I haven't had time to play around with it much, so it could very well be a timings issue.

With @Braegnok help I have been able to reach 4800 CL19 with this 4000 MAX kit. Finishing up validation right now, but it seems to pass with flying colors. Not bad for $125.

Next stop is 5000. This is where it gets interesting :)

Edit: Well I didn't realize the SA and IO was like 1.6v. I managed to boot 5000 also but only at 1.6v DRAM. Still the memory control voltage is very high for 24/7 use. I don't want to kill the CPU.

So I dropped the SA and IO to 1.25v and now seeing how high I can go before it fails to post.