Motherboard :Noob help

So I ordered the Asus X570-Pro board when it was on sale with Ryzen 5 3600. Case that i preordered is the Lian Li LanCool 2. It comes with 3 RGB fans and I bought 2 more. 

My question is  this the first time I am setting up RGB. The fans i bought are Asus compatible. I think the LanCool 2 ones are as well but not mentioned.

I have no how to connect to RGB header 1 and 2 on the board? does it go one way? 

I am assuming the Addr Gen 2 is for led strips?

Anyone know whcih RGB fan controller is compatible with the Asus board?  Don't want to burn any of the components. 

I am trying to get my kids into the build that is why with the RGB.

Thank you for any help

If its LED strips than it will plug into the 5v or 12v RGB headers. For fans it depends on if its true RGB fans or just ones that plug into the fan header. You have a link to the fans you bought?

The AURA RGB headers are for 5050 RGB multi-color LED strips (12V/G/R/B), and the ADD_GEN2 headers are for addressable gen 2 RGB LED strips (5V/DATA/GROUND).

Here is a link for your motherboard manual, Chapter 1 on 1.1.2 shows motherboard layout,.. scroll down to 1-10 for RGB_HEADER1 and RGB_HEADER2 information, and 1-11 for ADD_GEN2 header information.  https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_X570-PRO/E15659_PRIME_X570-PRO_UM_V2_WEB.pdf?_ga=2.264718479.1602610702.1574513217-1385232084.1569210976

Connect your fans to the CHA_FAN headers you have three headers listed on page 1-17,.. you can use Y connectors or three-way connectors if needed for hooking up your five fans, or you can use a fan controller just follow instructions included with controller your using.

Asus compatible RGB gear.   https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/Partners-and-promotions.html?_ga=2.226953245.1602610702.1574513217-1385232084.1569210976

Edited by Braegnok
  • Like 1

Thank you Braegnok!.. 

Last Asus link: i was looking for that but I guess I might have not looked hard enough.

Manual Yes my bad. I was going off what someone said he could not find and took his work for it. I should have read it my self. Past weekend friend and I were setting up a computer for someone else. He was reading the manual and I was doing the wiring. Once you gave me the link to my motherboard and looked at his it mentioned it as well. I have no idea how he missed it. 

That answers my question and worries. Will be getting the thermaltake Sync premium controller.