Recommendation: AMD CPU, MB and memory

Getting the urge to switch motherboard, CPU. Just use the system for gaming and nothing else. Not interested in Overclocking at all. 

Looking at this CPU: CPU via Amazon

Or this CPU Second CPU

What is the difference between Ryzen 5 and  Ryzen 7? 

Any other CPU Suggestions is gladly accepted. Hope they all come with heatsink :)

Any good motherboards and memory for AMD? I mostly go for Intel. I am doing a switch to AMD. so looking for suggestions. I am trying to stay away from Gigabyte. Currently have one and I can't even update the bios. Tried their support suggestions as well. 

Looking for suggestions please. Would really appreciate it. 

Thank you :)

Edited by Gremlin

Keep an eye on https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/ for sales.

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600. It beats the older Ryzen 7 2700X (last gen) in gaming. The regular price is $200 but it goes on sale pretty often. It was $170 until yesterday. I got mine for $177. This also comes with a heatsink.

Motherboard - ASUS TUF GAMING X570-Plus is $190 + $5-10 more if you want onboard Wi-Fi. The ASUS PRIME X570 Pro offers faster USB 3.2 slots, but cost more.
If you aren't interested in X570, MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX $115. This board should have native Ryzen 3000 series support per MSI. If you go with a different B450 board you want to make sure it has BIOS Flashback as an option. This lets you flash the BIOS without a CPU/RAM/GPU plugged in through a specific USB port on the back.

RAM - AMD recommends DDR4 3200 CL14 and 3600 CL16. For the most part they both cost roughly the same, so pick whichever one you want. I've seen some 3600 CL16 kits go for $70.

Edited by WhenKittensATK

So the downside of any Ryzen build is you will have to update to BIOS. The launch BIOS is utter garbage from any vendor because the AMD AGEAS code is broken for the most part.

If you are strictly on a budget and don't need Wi-Fi the MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS is a good choice. It is basically the Gaming Edge (same VRM, Audio) but looks ugly and has no RGB support.

Grab whatever 3200 CL14 or 3600 CL16 kit you can find the cheapest, set the XMP and go.

From Slickdeals. This is from Newegg's official eBay store. I don't think you get any game bundle codes through the eBay storefronts though. I didn't get one when I bought from them earlier this month. They didn't charge me tax, but that may be different for you. Ebay also has a promo going on for 8% back in eBay Bucks, it may be user targeted. You should have gotten either an email or you can see it on the homepage banner.

Newegg via eBay has AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core 3.6 GHz AM4 Processor (100-100000031BOX) on sale for $175.74 when you apply promo code PDEALS4U at checkout. Shipping is free.

Edited by WhenKittensATK

You can also find great deals when buying Motherboard/CPU Bundles.

Micro Center has AMD Ryzen 5 3600X with Sprire cooler, Asus Prime X570-Pro, CPU/Motherboard Bundle for $415.99.  https://www.microcenter.com/product/5003153/-amd-ryzen-5-3600x-with-wraith-spire-cooler,-asus-prime-x570-pro,-cpu---motherboard-bundle

34 minutes ago, Braegnok said:

You can also find great deals when buying Motherboard/CPU Bundles.

Micro Center has AMD Ryzen 5 3600X with Sprire cooler, Asus Prime X570-Pro, CPU/Motherboard Bundle for $415.99.  https://www.microcenter.com/product/5003153/-amd-ryzen-5-3600x-with-wraith-spire-cooler,-asus-prime-x570-pro,-cpu---motherboard-bundle

I do not have any microcenter near me :(  Closest is 6 hours away and it is sold out .. I would not  mind that mother board.. It is a nice deal.. 

It really sux that they can include a PS/2 port but can't include a QFlash and Clear CMOS buttons but it is available on expensive boards :P  Not fair I tell ya!

Edited by Gremlin

2 hours ago, WhenKittensATK said:

Some of the choices I see made between models confuse me too.

Your telling me lol! I have to review this stuff and I'm always confused on the choices.