i7 9700kf ram compatibility

Yes if you are willing to tweaking the timings and voltages. It has been a while since I ran fast memory on a Intel system but I believe above 3600, it stops being XMP plug n play for the most part. If you raise the DRAM voltage above 1.4, i think the memory controller needs to go up as well.

Im sure someone else has more recent experience. A quick google search tells me it wont be that easy.

Its not working with z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming 2.0. Is not compatible, works only at 3800Mhz  but i bought Z390 Aorus ultra and now works perfectly at 4000Mhz with no issues but on the compatiblity for the motherboard rams they tested and worked at 4133. I trayed at 4133Mhz but windows 10 has issues with that i can't make netframework update on windows and i can't install nvidiad graphic driver lol so 4000Mhz is the best for windows 10.

On the Motherboard compatibility ram is Cl17 G.Skill royal 4000Mhz at 4133Mhz with 1.4V tested 8G ram tested, but i have 16G and dual channel and i run them at 4133Mhz and was unstabile crahed in banchmarks and games windows update. A little ajustment in bios now works flawless, i lowered the clocks from 700 to 620 and increased the TFI from 15600 to 16500.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The motherboard plays a part here. The best practice is to choose RAM which is listed by the mobo manufacturer as compatible with that motherboard.

As others have mentioned, 2400MHz is too slow. 2666 is a bare minimum, but over that speed is "technically" overclocking, which some people see as some kind of extremist, warranty-voiding edge case, but that's not true at all when it comes to just getting your RAM at its rated speed. It should just be a matter of hitting the XMP profile.

It's certainly true if you buy 4000MHz RAM that isn't listed by the manufacturer roadrunner email as compatible with the mobo, you might not hit those speeds reliably, but if you get RAM that fits the manufacturers own compatibility list, it will hit those speeds, and they're on the hook for support for that because they said it would.

Edited by jeksleinwe
spelling