Please rate my current rig. Time to rebuild and update?

REDSPD3GT

Hello fellow Occers. So I would like input from you guys. My current build is I7 5960x MSI Gaming 9 X99s,  64gigs G Skill Ripjaws V 3000,Samsung M2 drive 128, (2) Samsung 256 ssd drives, 4tb WD backup drive,(2) EVGA 1080GTX TI FE, Silverstone 1500 ps. Using a Corsair 900D case. And to cool everything is 6 radiators 2 water pumps and 26 cooling fans. (24-120 Deltas and 2 140mm Noctuas) all hard lined. 2 fan controllers control the noise. Is it time for and upgrade? Do u guys see anything wrong with my current build? All input appreciated.

20191002_200139.jpg

Edited by REDSPD3GT
Adding pic

Wh'at's your use case? The build should still be fine for gaming 80+ FPS on 1440p. Only thing I'd change is adding a bigger SSD, since they are cheaper now for 1 - 2 TB. RTX doesn't seem worth the upgrade and AMD doesn't have higher end cards out yet.

Edited by WhenKittensATK

On 10/1/2019 at 12:00 AM, WhenKittensATK said:

Wh'at's your use case? The build should still be fine for gaming 80+ FPS on 1440p. Only thing I'd change is adding a bigger SSD, since they are cheaper now for 1 - 2 TB. RTX doesn't seem worth the upgrade and AMD doesn't have higher end cards out yet.

Case is a Corsair 900D. I game at 4k. I use a 50 inch Samsung. 60hz refresh rate. Thinking about upgrading to a QLED tv.

20191002_200439.jpg

Edited by REDSPD3GT

Id go with WhenKittensATK suggestion and maybe a larger m2 drive.Other than that it seems like a really solid machine.Boat loads of ram, 2 very good (still) video cards, cooling out the wazoo and a very capable CPU.  I do love my 65 in OLED so maybe that also.Grand kids play games on it all the time looks real nice. No lag that I can see plus picture is sweet.

Whats on the 2 256 ssd's they in raid?

1 hour ago, wildman2 said:

Id go with WhenKittensATK suggestion and maybe a larger m2 drive.Other than that it seems like a really solid machine.Boat loads of ram, 2 very good (still) video cards, cooling out the wazoo and a very capable CPU.  I do love my 65 in OLED so maybe that also.Grand kids play games on it all the time looks real nice. No lag that I can see plus picture is sweet.

I agree, I think it looks pretty good.

I would wait for the next generation of video cards. A 1080 Ti matches the RTX 2080. So the only upgrade path is a 2080 Ti. At $1300 a pop, it isnt much of a upgrade for 4k gaming. Games that dont support SLI are going to stuggle with some games @4k max settings. So lets say 25-30% increase for $2600 just for the video cards alone...

On 10/1/2019 at 1:10 PM, wildman2 said:

Naw they are not in raid. Just drivers that I was using during the initial build.

20191002_200443.jpg

Edited by REDSPD3GT