Gremlin

Comcast Modem Replacement

Currently i have comcast and renting their modem.

Have a landline as well. Looking to buy my own and stop renting it. 

Do you guys have any good recommendations for replacements by any chance? Thank you 

For the price Netgear is always good price vs speed, just make sure it's compatible with comcast. The speed depends on how much you want to spend .

I am using the ARRIS SURFboard SB6190 paired with NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 Smart WiFi Router (R8000). Running Blast 250 MBPS. I get the rated speed on Ethernet and 17.8 MB/s on AC WIFI. I only paid $120 for the modem 3 years ago and the Router was $50 from craigslist. Both are extremely solid. Never have to restart either of them. I use to rent a ARRIS from comcast and it was so cheap it would drop signal ever few hours. Comcast of course blamed me. But it was in fact them all along as I suspected. Another thing to note with the SB6190 is it has the Intel PUMA chip. People hate it because it has bad "ping". It has since been LoOOONG fix in a push update from the internet providers even before I bought mine. 

No offense to Netgear, but ever modem i've owned from them besides this Nighthawk has had major issues. Usually it was freeze every few days and eventually the 5Ghz band would just stop working. I have a few laying in a box. It was always so cheap ($50), so I kept buying them. To be fair my ASUS AC-1900 ($200) also stop working on the 5Ghz band also. Same with my Linksys. Seems super common across all companies for me. Not sure why It happens to me, but maybe no one realizes their 5G band isn't working.

I have also used the Arris Surfboard (16x) with great results. I had VoIP but did not use it. I had no problems activating the Arris modem.

I am currently using the Xfinity modem (Xfi) in bridged mode. it was a free upgrade. I'll probably swap back to an Arris for better control. I have is paired with a dying Asus N66u.

Thank you guys :)

Thank you for the link @WhenKittensATK   So my modem does not support the package i am using at the moment. I will have to see what I can do to get the right one then...

Guess the only option I can do is Netgear CM1150V   and buy a google wifi router in combintation