Msi Afterburner weird reading. Gpuz normal.

litwicki22

Hello. I have a question. I am using Rtx 2080 Ti Waterforce and 9900K and Corsair 850RmX. ALL stock,no oc.
I run 3dmark firestrike 1920x1080. Monitor 1440P native.
Using Msi Afterburner not the newest,and riva tuner statistic.

In some moment in looped test, i saw a clock dip from 1980mhz to 1570mhz. GPU LOAD not changed,it was 96%. Only gpu clock dip for a second. I checked in history and it was power usage drop to 58%.
But then i look at gpuz and gpuz not report that,all was fine,no drop in clock and power.

Screen:

https://i.postimg.cc/XqSFQWQ1/ui1.jpg

58% power,96% gpu load,clock 1570mhz. Like i said i checked gpuz and nothing like that in gpuz.
Any ideas? Somebody maybe tell me what it happened?

On games i never saw that. Even try to replicate but it cant happen again.

Power consumption % fluctuating during 3dmark firestrike is normal,.. provided your not seeing screen artifacts and video crashes than nothing to worry about. 

You should be running GeForce Game Ready Driver Version 436.30 and current versions of MSI Afterburner Version 4.6.2 and GPUZ Version 2.25.0. 

1575 is the base clock speed. It could be a lot of things to cause it. My first guess is because you running at 1920x1080 the video card is waiting on the CPU. So for 3DMark combined portion of the benchmark, if the CPU is being used by a program in the background the video card is going to idle while it waits for a frame cacluation. 

Benchmark is pretty old ,less demanding on 1920x1080p res when is amount fps 180-220fps and card hitting power limit just things happen,maybe. Still cant reproduce this even when i run test + heavy tasks in background weird.

But i remember that on this day that test was stuttering for me too for no reason. Later i realize that Windows 10 was installing some cumulative updates and maybe that was the reason.

Edited by litwicki22