Battery overheating problem

I have a Inspiron 1525, intel core 2, When i charged the laptop, I think it's overheating when i used it and plugging with charger too.  I thought that i should first share my experience with you. 

My laptop gets shut down suddenly. Also it gives very slow output. I have already search everywhere on internet but I couldn't find a exact solution for my problem. How can i solve this. 

You can try cleaning & re-seating your processor thermal-cooling assembly. You will need thermal paste, can of compressed air, small Phillips screwdriver.

First remove your battery, turn laptop over, remove the eight captive screws securing the back cover and remove the module cover.

Loosen the five captive screws securing the processor thermal-cooling assembly to the system board, then carefully lift the assembly out of the laptop.

Blow out all dust, lent from intake area, and blow out thermal-cooling assembly fins, clean off old thermal paste and reapply new TP, and re-install cooling assembly.

I was going to suggest a cooling pad, but then I've googled the laptop model and it seems like the pad will cost half the laptop's current price, even the cheapest one... :( That thing is pretty ancient

I think the stock thermal paste has worn out. I bought my old Dell imprison core2 laptop in 2007. It always cooked my legs. So i assume either the fan has died and or the thermal paste is due for a change. The fan on mine went bad and now its in a box somewhere lost in my junk.

Since its so old and practically free on ebay, no reason to worry about breaking it lol.

After cleaning off the old thermal paste with a coffee filter, 99% isopropyl alcohol. Use only a small amount of new thermal paste, "about the size of a grain of rice" in the center" and reinstall your processor thermal-cooling assembly.  

Edited by Braegnok