Cyberpunk 2077 (2019 thread)

Guest_Jim_*

1 hour ago, Braegnok said:

Sorry Jim, your not included,.. :lol:  Your coverage is always spot on.

CD Project Red has indeed confirmed that DRM won't be present in the games consumer release. The company also advised all reviewers that the PC review version curranty has DRM enabled for all reviewers, and will effect performance. Warning reviewers that performance testing content will not align with the final consumer product. 

Looks like Nvidia released version 460.79 Game Ready driver this morning, and AMD released Adrenalin driver 20.12.1 yesterday,.. seems the AMD update does have Crossfire support, fixes listed in the notes,.. but still no information if CP 2077 will support SLI. 

I will be running NVLink RTX 2080Ti's at game launch with SLI disabled, and will enable SLI afterwards, see what happens. :yes:

What he said !

Preloaded, new driver installed, just waiting now.

But I'm undecided on whether to use Raytracing or not.
On the one hand there are some impressive screenshots with RT on Ultra. But with my 3080 it will be 60fps at 1440p with DLSS Quality, possibly lower when driving or raining.
On the other hand at 1440p with DLSS Quality the framerate should be significantly higher and I really like playing FPS games at 70fps or more.

Will have to see for myself and decide. 

1 hour ago, cjloki said:

steam isn't letting me go yet :cry:

Oh lame. I ended up getting the GOG version after complaining about making a account lol. If you boot it up, a screen appears saying 

"Jonny: Go back to sleep, Samurai. It's not December 10th yet!"

Apparently it links to Epic and Microsoft which I did not know. It actually makes things more streamlined. Here is hoping Orgins, Ubisoft and Steam get added for official linkage.

1 hour ago, ir_cow said:

Oh lame. I ended up getting the GOG version after complaining about making a account lol. If you boot it up, a screen appears saying 

"Jonny: Go back to sleep, Samurai. It's not December 10th yet!"

Apparently it links to Epic and Microsoft which I did not know. It actually makes things more streamlined. Here is hoping Orgins, Ubisoft and Steam get added for official linkage.

well i'm in now (about 1930hrs central time)  and playing way outside my comfort zone as a corpo and experienced level 3... so far just getting set up and the feel for it ... amazing visuals !!

Edit: I just played about 2 hours. Super buggy game, but still loads of fun. Not as bad as Fallout but people are walking through walls and certain story events won't start unless you are standing exactly in the right place.

Great looking game. Smooth at 1440p Ultra on my 3080.

I disabled RT and DLSS though. RT is a massive performance killer and DLSS (even on Quality at 1440p) has too much shimmering on so many edges in the city, and I even noticed some lights freaking out along with some horrible mirror reflections. 

I left RTX on but changed DLSS from Auto to Balanced. Can't tell its on now and its at a playable framerate.

Before when left on Auto all,the edges and reflection looked a bit odd. Hard to describe.

Update: 1.05 Patch solves this AMD issue.

If you are on a AMD CPU, apply this hex patch. It gave me a good boost in FPS for my Threadripper 1920x. Apparently the game engine uses core count, not thread count. So half your CPU goes unused.

1. Download HxD Hex Editor
2. Find the executable Cyberpunk2077.exe
3. Make a backup copy of Cyberpunk2077.exe just in case
4. Drag Cyberpunk2077.exe to the HxD, a lot of hexadecimal numbers should appear (01 FF 0D, etc. )
5. Press CTRL + F, change the column to hexadecimal values
6. Put “75 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08” in the search line without quotes, those values should be highlighted
7. Copy "EB 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08" without quotation marks
8. Now in HxD, this copied value right click on the value and paste the new hexadecimal value
9. In the toolbar of above, click on save and voila.

If it does not work out for you, just swap back the old executable file.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/small-hack-could-improve-cyberpunk-2070-perf-for-gamers-on-certain-amd-processors.html