Cyberpunk 2077 (2019 thread)

Guest_Jim_*

So there is apparently a thread for Cyberpunk 2077 that started in 2012 and has a most-recent post from 2016. Rather than necroing it (but here is the link: Cyberpunk 2077), I thought I would start a new one for this year.

Coming to the point of it, there are a couple videos for the game out today, and as I do not like writing and posting news items that are just to point out a video, I thought I would share them here. First up, a Deep Dive video showing new game footage and lasting about 15 minutes:

If that is not enough for you, CD Projekt Red also put out an extended version that includes a Q&A with developers. This Deep Dive and Q&A Panel video is some 73 minutes long, so enjoy:

I'll admit I have not watched them yet, as I am busy with some other things at the moment, but I suspect they should be interesting.

• 1 year later...

Well after multiple delays, the Cyberpunk 2077 release date is quickly approaching and is set for November 19, 2020.

I remember seeing an early trailer video which was running at 4K 30fps with an i7-8700K and SLI GTX 1080 Ti configuration,.. since than the game has received much more development time, and I'm hoping the PC version will support SLI and work with my NVLINK RTX 2080TI configuration.

I can't seem to find any information in regards to SLI support,.. looks like RTX-powered ray tracing and Nvidia DLSS 2.0 is indeed supported.

As I do not plan on upgrading my system to 30-series single card configuration until mid December.   

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Braegnok said:

Delayed again. :rofl:

Release date has been pushed back by 21 days, and will now "allegedly" release on December 10. 

Fool's gold,.. Cyberpunk isn't real. 

I will forgive the developers if there's great RTX and DLSS 2.0 optimization because Cyberpunk 2077 really needs it.

Games usually include one or two elements like raytraced shadows or raytraced reflections, but Cyberpunk 2077 has raytraced diffuse illumination, raytraced reflections, raytraced AO and raytraced shadows. And all of this in an open world! It's going to be like Crysis 1 all over again lol. 

• 3 weeks later...

Get ready folks the release for PC players will be at 12am GMT on December 10. For Pacific Time and Eastern Time will be 4pm and 7pm on December 9, respectively.

Preloads will become available on Steam, the full PC download is about 70GB, looks like according to reports from early players, the game also has a 43.5GB pre-release patch.

The launch party will be held digitally on Twitter. :yes:

47 minutes ago, ir_cow said:

Don't forget to buy the GOG version. 100% goes to CD Red and it doesn't have DRM like the Steam and Epic versions

CP 2077 will be 100% DRM free on PC. :D

Generally on Steam if the game runs without starting Client it is DRM free, if Client has no forced built in DRM. This may surprise some people, because the Steam API, does actually have DRM. However it's not forced onto games though, the developers are free to choose whether they use it or not.

List of DRM-Free Games on Steam - https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_DRM-Free_Games_on_Steam

Interesting. I wonder why game news outlets are reporting that the Steam / Epic versions will have DRM.  I knew all the past games didn't have DRM, so I was surprised it was announced for 2077. I'm sure it started with outlet miss reporting and now they are all.

I much rather buy the steam or epic version because I don't want to have to make a GOG account for a single game.

+1 

I already preloaded the game Monday, 7th December on my Steam account drive, don't have any other accounts, would not want a GOG account just for single game.

We don't know much about MP on Cyberpunk, even more so since it will be released at a later time. With that said though, we can assume that it could use either Steamworks for Steam, Galaxy API for GOG Multiplayer (which means Galaxy will be required MP wise for GOG version) with a possible crossplay between the two. There is also the possible scenario similar to Shadow Warrior 2, in which also the Steam version relies on the Galaxy API for it's MP with granted crossplay.

Game news outlets tend to report false information, I take it with a grain of salt, some sites reported Steam would have three million players on launch day.

Steam shows it's bandwidth usage for the past 48 hours, and reached a peak of 23.5 terabytes per second downloaded on December 7, which is impressive but players on Steam at launch,.. just over 200K is likely closer to reality.   

4 minutes ago, Braegnok said:

Game news outlets tend to report false information, I take it with a grain of salt, some sites reported Steam would have three million players on launch day.

I hope we're not included in that :P My guess is some places just try to be quick, to get the coverage early and the early attention. Even if I didn't have to switch to covering the week on Friday, I was always more afraid of getting it wrong than getting it late. Won't doubt I made mistakes and still will, but my own preference is for accuracy.

Anyway, I didn't get a key or anything, so I haven't seen the review guide or been told any information, but I did see something suggesting the review version had DRM but it will be removed/is not present for the release version. Hardly newsworthy if accurate, unless it impacts review-version performance, and then it only matters in that context. Not unlike seeing a list of known issues in a review build that will be fixed with a release day patch; won't matter to the consumer as their exposure is minimal.

Sorry Jim, your not included,.. :lol:  Your coverage is always spot on.

CD Project Red has indeed confirmed that DRM won't be present in the games consumer release. The company also advised all reviewers that the PC review version curranty has DRM enabled for all reviewers, and will effect performance. Warning reviewers that performance testing content will not align with the final consumer product. 

Looks like Nvidia released version 460.79 Game Ready driver this morning, and AMD released Adrenalin driver 20.12.1 yesterday,.. seems the AMD update does have Crossfire support, fixes listed in the notes,.. but still no information if CP 2077 will support SLI. 

I will be running NVLink RTX 2080Ti's at game launch with SLI disabled, and will enable SLI afterwards, see what happens. :yes:

well i don't have any idea when I'm gonna have the time to actually sit down and play this (it looks amazing) but I went ahead and added it to my steam a few minutes ago... It seems there are several of us from the club that are preloaded and ready to go when it goes live... Right now I'm hoping we have an online option so we can meet up and team like Left for Dead...

and there is a new game ready driver for this; GeForce 460.79 dated December 09, 2020