x570 AORUS Elite: LF compatible 3200/3600 CL14/16 ram @ 16gb (8 x 2gb)

Looking to pair the x570 AORUS Elite mobo (reviewed by buildzoid) with some great memory (along with a 3700x and 2080 ti for 1440p/144hz heavy gaming + light productivity)

Does anyone know what ram works with this mobo?

I tried researching the following but I am even more confused.

G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL 14 - The ram qvl says it works with this mobo but the mobo qvl says it is not

G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 CL 16 - The mobo qvl says the ram is compatible but the ram qvl says it does not work

G.Skill Trident Z - Neither mobo or ram qvl says the ram works with x570 AORUS Elite mobo. okay.

Any other brands which work with this mobo that I should consider?

Thanks!  :)

G.Skill is my go to brand. I havent heard of any compatibility issues until now. Reminds me of when Ryzen first came out and you have to use Samsung B-Die to go above 2666. Eventually every board worked with any brand up to 2933, only took a year.

Edit: I would follow the Ram manufacturer QVL list over motherboards QVL. Hard to say with the Ryzen 3000 since its so new and the BIOS isn't mature enough yet. 

i have read that the memory controller is limited to 3600mhz and above 3600 a divider kicks in to to limit the infinity fabric speed... if you're an extreme overclocker  then go on with your bad self but for most of us the 3600mhz sets should be enough too get the job done

https://www.forbes.com/sites/antonyleather/2019/07/07/amd-ryzen-9-3900x-and-ryzen-7-3700x-review-old-ryzen-owners-look-away-now/#2d88ff93d549

Yes? Maybe? I dont have a board on hand yet (next week). Some of the extreme overclockers get infinity to work 1:1 with DDR4 3800. I guess that is the real limit before the ratio breaks and you take a 20ns+ hit making is preform worse than say a 3200CL16 kit. 

Does it matter in real world apps? That I do not know, havent tested it yet.

I had no issues with MSI X570, and Asrock X570 builds both were fine using G.SKILL F4-3600C14D-16GTZN memory kits with factory BIOS everything worked.

Edited by Braegnok

ok, I understand Ryzen 3000 chips get a nice boost in peformance from higher ram speed. (i.e., 20%)

Is this improvement reflected in just benchmarks, or also in real world applications and gaming fps (and is the price difference worth the extra fps gain)?

Builzoid did some of this kind of testing, comparing latency and bandwidth, at different memory and Infinity Fabric speeds, which can suggest real-world performance impacts, but I don't recall him running any real-world tests to collect such performance information. Anyway, here are the two videos he did on the topic:

RAM and FCLK settings vs performance on Ryzen 3000

Ryzen 3rd gen MCLK vs FCLK part 2: slow RAM and the IF limits?

3 hours ago, Stealth3si said:

ok, I understand Ryzen 3000 chips get a nice boost in peformance from higher ram speed. (i.e., 20%)

Is this improvement reflected in just benchmarks, or also in real world applications and gaming fps (and is the price difference worth the extra fps gain)?

Stay tuned for a article on this subject (2 weeks ish). I saw buildzoid videos but he didnt do any real world benchmarks. Good starting point for me though. 

Games like FarCry 5 is 10-15 FPS hit for me going from 3200 to 2400 on my threadripper. Now infinity fabric is even more intermixed, I wouldnt be surprised if its even a bigger hit in games when either breaking the 1:1 ratio or running below Native 3200 speeds.