Anyone have a Ryzen 1600 and are thinking of upgrading?

With the Ryzen 5 3600 only a few days away, it's a tempting price point to upgrade at for only $199. I picked up my 1600 the day it was released. I just recently picked up a GTX 1080 for $300 (take that RTX series) and 16GB of ram. I want to pick up a new 1440 monitor with 144hz for Starfield/ES6 in a few years. 

Curious if anyone else is thinking of upgrading from 1600. Thanks

I am not upgrading from the 1600 but I have been looking at the price point of the new chips. Being as I eventually want to run the latest quicker storage I have been debating on waiting for intel to answer to AMD's new lineup or give AMD another go. 

BUT I WOULD WAIT FOR REVIEWS.

the whole mess is getting kinda hectic imo... what with Intel quietly talking away/down their flaws, and AMD drastically changing the game, and now Intel backing down their prices... and i know that several of you have already gotten way far away from Intel for security reasons, and AMD's higher level of performance of late... I too am seriously considering retiring this machine in favor of an AMD platform... It may take me a little while to get it together, but the security issues are my main motivation... you know unless Intel gets their shit together this is on the table...

I'll be "upgrading" from threadripper in the next 2 months.  These new ryzen 3 chips are looking tasty. July 7th will tell us more how they really preform.

On 6/30/2019 at 9:15 PM, cjloki said:

the whole mess is getting kinda hectic imo... what with Intel quietly talking away/down their flaws, and AMD drastically changing the game, and now Intel backing down their prices... and i know that several of you have already gotten way far away from Intel for security reasons, and AMD's higher level of performance of late... I too am seriously considering retiring this machine in favor of an AMD platform... It may take me a little while to get it together, but the security issues are my main motivation... you know unless Intel gets their shit together this is on the table...

You got a point there CJ

6 hours ago, Boinker said:

5.45 @ 1.77 volts for a 7nm processor. 

I have questions...... MANY questions.

LN2. https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-9-3950x-cpu-world-record-overclock-5-4-ghz-cinebench-r15/

Looking forward to Silicone Lottery high-bin chips OC results under water,.. 4.5 GHz across all 16-cores would be sweet. 

Edited by Braegnok
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Braegnok said:

LN2. https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-9-3950x-cpu-world-record-overclock-5-4-ghz-cinebench-r15/

Looking forward to Silicone Lottery high-bin chips OC results under water,.. 4.5 GHz across all 16-cores would be sweet. 

Yeah that would be sweet but an LN2 bench does not quantify real world performance. That is an awesome suicide shot but I am still ever skeptical IF AMD actually is worth the hype this time. Hell I am still in the 32nm stone age here and happy with it to a degree. While AMD is considerably cheaper will it hold up to the test of time. And in 6 months after AMD does this release is intel gonna pull a hat trick and release their modern day lga775 q6600 or the lga1366 920 and bury AMD for another 5 years min? 

Just my 2 cents. not trying to bash.