Rate my build!

jdm_freek

So I was asked to build a system for a birthday present for a 10 year , the requirements were 1080p gaming plus able to run flight sims and 3 monitors for $700

this is what I came up with

cpu & motherboard    Intel i5 9400f & MSI PERFORMANCE GAMING B360M $199

case                              Sama S35-BK Black Dual USB 3.0 ATX  $34

memory                        Geil evo ddr4 2400 2x4 $37

Psu                               Cougar VTx600w $48

SSD                              Teamgroup GX1 240gb $24

Storage                      WD 2tb free

GPU                             Sapphire Rx 580 8gb  Nito plus $100

monitors                      HP E231 1080p x3  $180 

Total            $622

tell me what you think !

Nicely done sir, only thing I would recommend would be upgrading your Power Supply to a $100 750W, don't leave any money on the table and skimp on a $48 dollar PSU.

Your going to be drawing close to 500W +,.. easy with optical drives, pci cards, fans, other devices,.. see if you can snag a nice deal on a Bronze 750W. 

Edited by Braegnok
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Braegnok said:

Nicely done sir, only thing I would recommend would be upgrading your Power Supply to a $100 750W, don't leave any money on the table and skimp on a $48 dollar PSU.

Your going to be drawing close to 500W +,.. easy with optical drives, pci cards, fans, other devices,.. see if you can snag a nice deal on a Bronze 750W. 

Thank you I agree, I was going to go with a Ryzen 2600 but even over clocked it gets outpaced by the 9400f 

I have the same processor. I also play at 1080p. The only difference is the card and 16gb ram maybe. I'm totally fine so...

I will definitely change 2x4gb 2400mhz for 2x8gb 2400mhz. Mabe there is not so much difference in terms of $$$.

As someone said the PSU could be better but is not a very demanding PC (in terms of power consumption). I don't know the brand Cougar but maybe a Cooler Master / Thermaltake 600-700w should be ok.

On 6/12/2019 at 6:14 AM, Fragsman said:

I have the same processor. I also play at 1080p. The only difference is the card and 16gb ram maybe. I'm totally fine so...

I will definitely change 2x4gb 2400mhz for 2x8gb 2400mhz. Mabe there is not so much difference in terms of $$$.

As someone said the PSU could be better but is not a very demanding PC (in terms of power consumption). I don't know the brand Cougar but maybe a Cooler Master / Thermaltake 600-700w should be ok.

I was thinking it looks a little light on the ram but meh, it's not that serious...