This is why you don't buy a Kingpin card for normal overclocks

Every time a Kingpin card comes out I see the same forums posts of people who bought the card because it costs a billion dollars thinking it must be the best. Only to find out it overclock worse than their previous card.

DO NOT BUY A Kingpin card unless you plan on using LN2. It's pointless otherwise. Kingpin own charts show it won't pass 2250mhz~ with a waterblock @30c.

https://forums.evga.com/Anyone-figure-out-the-Kingpin-card-yet-m2949806.aspx

I can see that. It seems the card is operating as its designed. Not really fault of kingpin or Tin, Just wish that it would have been marketed better. Doesn't mention anything about that at all, but who would all things considered.... 

I dont see the point in even putting a cooler on it for retail. Cut down the costs. Really it should be a waterblock release only.

If you read kingpins guide, the 3rd bios that comes with the card isnt the XOC BIOS. Its just one with the temperature limit removed. If you want the unlimited power limit and 1.5v vcore, you need to flash the BIOS and void the warranty.  Soooo if you're going to void the warranty, save yourself $500 and just flash the KAF2 BIOS with 380 Watt limit. You wont hit that without going sub zero or raising the voltage (than still needing a chiller for the heat). You will hit that 2200mhz barrier like everyone else, but it will be a lot cheaper.