Guest_Jim_*

Firefox Disabled Extensions After Certificate Expired, Now Fixed

Those of you who use the Firefox web browser very likely noticed over the weekend that many extensions you had installed were disabled. The good news the issue is now resolved and you can update to version 66.0.4 to get the fix. What happened is a security certificate needed to verify these extensions expired at midnight UTC on Saturday, triggering the browser to disable them for your protection. We now have the fix in the 66.0.4 update for the desktop and Android versions of the browser (version 60.6.2 for ESR) but prior to its release users could also ensure studies were enabled, as Mozilla rolled out a fix by that channel earlier.

If you do not specifically use Firefox, you may still have been impacted as some browsers that forked from it apparently have also been hit. This includes the Tor Browser, where NoScript and other extensions were disabled, and at least Waterfox for Android. Fortunately for both of those other browsers, users could change a flag in about:config to address the issue, which you can find described at the Tor Project link below (quickly, set 'xpinstall.signatures.required' to FALSE). I use Waterfox for Android and can confirm it was both impacted and the described fix worked. (I also use Waterfox on my desktop but was not impacted as the flag was already set.)

Source: Mozilla, Bugzilla, and Tor Project

Back to original news post

Client.foldingathome.org currently has certificate expired also, my folding rig would not download work units yesterday, due to !Not Secure Error on my firewall.

3 hours ago, Braegnok said:

Client.foldingathome.org currently has certificate expired also, my folding rig would not download work units yesterday, due to !Not Secure Error on my firewall.

Likely not related, but I do hope you can get that fixed.