Metro Exodus Performance Analysis Launched

bp9801

Wow that's hell of an impressive analysis. I wonder if he runs a bot or something to do exactly the same movements in-game (such as a benchmar) since everything is really tight.

I also tried to compare with my own experience 1080p @ultra AdvancedPhysix and Hairworks on FPS goes from 79-125 (I can for sure say 90+ solid FPS avg) but in the first part of the game. Haven't gone to Volga or any other location yet.

The only thing I will disable is the Hairworks.. even tough I haven't found any performance hit enabling it.. I just won't stare at monsters since they come and I kinda freak out :P

The rest of the map is very obversable while scavenging so better saving for the rest of the effects.

I didn't get the RTX 2060. I got the 1660ti but is a solid nice option. Is not like I would be looking too much at the lights but in some scenees is very noticeable. Not the general lighting (which is arguable) but the shadows of the sticks of a tree (which are not present if not using RTX) -> I've seen that on a video on youtube which was analyzing RTX on vs OFF. Given the performance Hit is not a GO for me. Like 30-40fps loss for an effect? hell no.

I almost wish I could make bots for doing runs like these. All of these runs were done manually, and as there were variations in enemy behaviors between the runs, trying to set something up to repeat mouse movements and keyboard inputs wouldn't work. I'm getting better and better at automating the data processing, but don't have any means of automating the data collection runs.