Metro Exodus Getting Limited Arytom Edition and Behind the Scenes Videos

Guest_Jim_*

news42216_1-metro_exodus_getting_limited

It has almost become common for games to have special editions, sometimes including physical goods with the game, and this seems especially true for highly anticipated titles like the upcoming Metro Exodus. Revealed yesterday was that ten Artyom Custom Edition packages have been made, containing items fans of the game series will recognize. These items include the always important gas mask and filter Artyom needs to survive on the surface, a working Bullet Lighter to light the way and burn mutant spider webs, handmade Spartan dog tags, a map of the Aurora's journey and leather map case, a fully-functional and handmade Nixie Watch, and finally a personalized Certificate of Authenticity, signed by Dmitry Glukhovsky, the author of the original Metro books, and Andrew 'Prof' Prokhorov, creative director and co-founder of 4A Games. How can you get one of these limited editions? Well one of them went to 4A games, but the remaining nine will be given away to fans through upcoming promotional events. You can follow on social media to keep abreast of these promotions or by registering for the newsletter at MetroTheGame.com. Actually registering for the newsletter is good for one entry, so you may want to do that anyway.

Continuing this week of daily news releases, the first part of a three part documentary, The Marking of Metro Exodus, went up on YouTube. Filmed in Kiev and Malta, at 4A Games' two studios, this documentary features interviews, archive footage and photos, and more from over the game's five years of development. This first part introduces us to the founders of the studio who had the goal of bringing the Metro novels to life. The second part will release next week.

Metro Exodus is scheduled to release on February 15 for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.

Source: Deep Silver [1] (Artyom Custom Edition) and [2] (Behind the Scenes)

news42216_21002-metro_exodus_getting_lim

Back to original news post

looking forward to the game but it is getting a bit tiring because of these game companies releasing so many different levels of their games and if you want all the game has to offer you have to pay through the nose to get all of the games features and benefits. Game dev's bring back the one tier game release style with one price and lose the multi tier pricing it sucks. Also release the whole game to us do not release than 3 weeks later release DLC that most likely was stripped from the game so you can rake in more money.

Also lose these season passes which sometimes strip out features of a game or expansion (Destiny 2 I'm looking at you)and force us to pay for features we already paid for already when we bought the game.

Lets face it you make big money now days because you no longer have to provide the discs for your games because everything is online yet the cost of the games did not drop because you no longer had to make the discs and pay for shipping etc etc etc. Point is if it costs less to market your games then lower the prices talking about mainly PC games here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hrrm, well i guess I'll just have to see where it takes me. And if i need to buy more then i will cross that bridge when i get there... but yeah buying more levels seems to be the way of the world these days...