1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*

ANTITHAT

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9636 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:45 AM

Come March 15 we will see the release of Tom Clancy's The Division 2 on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Yesterday Ubisoft revealed some of the game's recommended PC specifications and what special features will be present for the PC versions as well. These features include uncapped frame rate and display resolution with support for multiscreen and widescreen setups, variable refresh rate support, full UI and HUD customization, and HDR support. Not a bad collection of features, but it will also be interesting to see how deep the settings and options will be when the game releases.

For specifications the minimum specifications are an AMD FX 6350 or Intel Core i5 2500K, 8 GB of RAM, a Radeon R9 270 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 with at least 2 GB of VRAM, and either DirectX 11 or 12 support (so Windows 7, 8, or 10). That is what the developer state will be needed for 1080p30 but for 1080p60 it bumps up to the Ryzen 5 1500x or Core i7 4790 paired with an RX 480 or GTX 970. The High and Elite specifications target 1440p60 and 2160p60 and see the newly announced Radeon VII as the recommended AMD GPU for the 4K resolution, with the RTX 2080 Ti being the NVIDIA recommendation. Very nicely all of this information is presented in a graphic, making it easier to read. When the Radeon VII was announced, The Division 2 was one of the games used to show it off but it was also stated the graphics card will come with a copy of the game.

Something very interesting to note for PC gamers is The Division 2 is not currently listed for appearing on Steam. Naturally it will be available on Ubisoft's UPlay platform but it will also be available on the new Epic Games Store. It may be interesting to see if it will come to Steam later and what other third-party AAA titles may come to Epic Games Store first or exclusively.

Source: Ubisoft

Back to original news post

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:12 AM

I am looking forward to this game and I almost got it for free because of a AMD game bundle but my stepson decided he wanted to play it so I gave the 3 game bundle to him and was hoping maybe I could claim one of the other 2 games that were left but he also wants those as well. We did buy him the Radeon RX 590 for Christmas and it was my own fault because I told him about the 3 free games and he had 100% no idea before I told him about them. I could have had all 3 for free but I thought I would be nice and tell him and I told him I was claiming The Dev 2 game and he could have the other 2 games.

Reply to this topic