Official OCC 2018 Christmas Contest

bp9801

We'll have the full list of winners for you before too much longer!

You can't say that and then not tell us how much longer is 'much longer'. That's cruel.

At the very least say something like 'our anonymous sources say that AMD will announce the OCC winners at the CES keynote' or 'just as soon as we sober up, could take a while, we're still drinking'.

I look forward to this contest every year. As a stay at home dad of five year old twins, my time for gaming and computer usage has gone down. As a result, my computer has gone without an overhaul for years. This contest gives me a chance at an upgrade without having to justify the expense to the office of budget management (the wife). 

I look forward to this contest every year. As a stay at home dad of five year old twins, my time for gaming and computer usage has gone down. As a result, my computer has gone without an overhaul for years. This contest gives me a chance at an upgrade without having to justify the expense to the office of budget management (the wife). 

As a stay at work dad :) my gaming time has also gone down to near non-existent. But I still try to dabble a little with PC hardware. I just ordered an FX 8350 to upgrade my Phenom II X6, which was what I said as an answer to "What will be your first computer part purchase for 2019?" Ended up as the last computer part purchase for 2018. :) But I'll get it in 2019.

I looked up my account on Newegg. My Motherboard and video card were purchased in April of 2011. I never thought I would ever own the same computer for five years, much less for seven and a half years. 
The memory in that machine is from the OCC Christmas contest back in 2009. 

That's an old PC. Mine was originally from 2009, but went through enough upgrades that it's completely changed. Started with an AM2+ board (Gigabyte 790, IIRC) with Phenom II X3 710, then I upgraded to a Phenom II X6 1090T, then, after the memory slots started failing and I luckily won a DDR3 kit, I upgraded to an AM3+ board in 2013. Now I'll put the FX 8350 in that board.

As a stay at work dad :) my gaming time has also gone down to near non-existent. But I still try to dabble a little with PC hardware. I just ordered an FX 8350 to upgrade my Phenom II X6, which was what I said as an answer to "What will be your first computer part purchase for 2019?" Ended up as the last computer part purchase for 2018. :) But I'll get it in 2019.

I have the same setup. I still use a AMD 1075T is my gamer with a HD-5830 but I have an FX-8350 built on the shelf with a HD 5990 something (dual gpu) that was new and never used. I pulled it out yesterday and have yet to boot it up.

We'll have the full list of winners for you before too much longer!

You can't say that and then not tell us how much longer is 'much longer'. That's cruel.

At the very least say something like 'our anonymous sources say that AMD will announce the OCC winners at the CES keynote' or 'just as soon as we sober up, could take a while, we're still drinking'.

Some years we've got result when I've already forgotten contest even happened lol. I totally understand though, most have jobs and kids and stuffs so yeah, could be any time before April

Oh, wow, just realized I've only entered twice ever lol I won a PSU back in 2012 (and it's still running!) and decided to let other people to have a go at stuff! Well, its been 6 years, hope my luck for missed years stacks this time lol

Edited by That_Guy

What you've all been waiting for...

Winners! Only hardware for right now, as games will be posted tomorrow evening. Deeply sorry for the delay, as there were a lot of entries to sort through. But now, scroll through and see if you won!

Grand Prize
Acer Nitro 5 gaming notebook featuring the AMD Ryzen 5 2500U Quad-Core Processor and AMD Radeon RX 560X GPU - Jimbo312

NVIDIA
3x RTX 2070 - Minime 939, pr0pht133, sigvoror
3x TITAN XP - Gremlin, That_Guy, cjloki
(all video cards are Founders Edition/stock models)

Cooler Master
1x MH751 Headset - feetfats
1x MWE Gold PSU and MA410M - SpinalFailed

Fractal Design
2x Define C TG Case - kuri, Seri

ID-COOLING
1x ZOOMFLOW 240 - Utmost
1x AURAFLOW X 240 - pezcore
1x DF-12025-ARGB-TRIO - ShastaDude
1x ZF-12025-RGB-TRIO - Stefanc97

be quiet!
1x Silent Base 601, 1x Pure Power 11 600W CM, and 2x Silent Wings 3 140mm PWM - jthomas0312

Noctua
4x NF-A12x25 PWM fans and 2x NA-SFMA1 140/120mm adaptors - Demitri32

Kingston
2x 480GB UV500 SSD - SpikeSoprano, SpeedCrazy

Corsair
1x K63 Wireless / Dark Core RGB Combo - werty316

OCC
ECS Z270-Lightsaber Motherboard - Shurman292

• Bosco unpinned this topic