MSI Gaming pro carbon and Ryzen 7 2700

My Son got a 2700 for his gaming pro carbon motherboard and was wondering does he need to update bios for it to be recognized? He bought the pieces for the pc when he was deployed in Iraq when they first came out.And is just now putting it together.Prolly have to do an agesa update anything else?

Only need a BIOS update if he is putting in a Ryzen 2 (2600 / 2700 / 2800). The first gen will work still. It never hurts to update the BIOS, but isn't necessary unless you have problems or non-compatible CPU. AMD did make large optimizations to AGESA which gives better memory support, so there is a reason to do it.

Edit: I don't know why I was reading your post as a RTX 2070. Yeah its a Ryzen 2700 he will need to update the BIOS. Sorry.

I think that motherboard needs a CPU to be flashed

Updating BIOS with M-FLASH
Before updating:
Please download the latest BIOS file that matches your motherboard model from MSI
website. And then save the BIOS file into the USB flash drive.
Updating BIOS:
1. Press Del key to enter the BIOS Setup during POST.
2. Insert the USB flash drive that contains the update file into the computer.
3. Select the M-FLASH tab and click on Yes to reboot the system and enter the flash
mode.
4. Select a BIOS file to perform the BIOS update process.
5. After the flashing process is 100% completed, the system will reboot
automatically.

Well it looks like Ill be the owner of a new never used MSI gaming pro carbon woohoo...Son decided to just buy an x470 instead of messing with boot kits, Bios ETC..and has already shipped the MSI gaming carbon pro motherboard  to me be here middle of next week..Early Christmas present.  :banana:

Im not going to sell it ,pretty sure the boy would be ticked off if I did that...

More than likely I'd put it in the pc I won here in the christmas contest..If I do that then a 1700x would go in mine maybe.

Have to see if  the wifey wants me to rangle together a pc from the mother board I have in my pc now for her.

If so then the 1300x would stay on the board rape her pc and my old one for drives power supply case video card etc. She has never had a really good pc.Usually the hand me down pc from when I assemble a new one.Still kinda the same but mostly newer.

Right now she is using my old,old pc, e-5200 cpu ,asus blitz ,4870 video card,Gskill ram and a corsair h60 or 80 cant remember.. Still runs pretty good. After I re-seated the video card and ram that is.

Not exactly 100%  sure what I'm going to do with it yet.Too many variables.But I'll have it.