Your Retro Gaming PC Builds (1995-2005)

..... I guess I was kind of a Thermaltake fanboy in the mid 2000's LOL.

My first performance build in '03 used the Thermaltake Volcano 12 heatsink. Manual speed control knob. It was the hot item on newegg at the time. When booting up BF1942 on a 45% overclock, it was a howling hairdryer!!

• Like 1

LanParty! cool, made note to come back to that link, I'll be Working to get Ep5 finished after Xmas

Speaking of Lan Parties...Not sure if you've seen one lately, but I used a DFI Lanparty NF-II ultra-b (can they get any more unnecessary in naming things?) board for a couple years. So an event like that was so popular it creeped into advertising. Like "gaming" is today.

The box for it even had a hoodie sweater guy. Complete with blurred cans of mountain dew and a can of Bawlz. Because if I wanted any image to promote what I would become if I used a product, that's exactly what I wanted to be! An over caffeinated dude with bad posture and a beige desktop! yessssss.

box-1.jpg

(not my image...)

Edited by robAP
  • Like 1

LanParty! cool, made note to come back to that link, I'll be Working to get Ep5 finished after Xmas

Speaking of Lan Parties...Not sure if you've seen one lately, but I used a DFI Lanparty NF-II ultra-b (can they get any more unnecessary in naming things?) board for a couple years. So an event like that was so popular it creeped into advertising. Like "gaming" is today.

The box for it even had a hoodie sweater guy. Complete with blurred cans of mountain dew and a can of Bawlz. Because if I wanted any image to promote what I would become if I used a product, that's exactly what I wanted to be! An over caffeinated dude with bad posture and a beige desktop! yessssss.

box-1.jpg

(not my image...)

I still have several DFI NFII Ultra B boxes, carry straps and stickers that say LanParty....boards are long gone but man were those some of the best clockers.... I had several of those boards with 2600 DTR Mobile CPUs in them. Too bad they couldnt keep their crap together in the enthusiast world...

Most people dont know it but a lot of POS and ATM computers are DFI ;)